Ravenhill open day 22/10/2014 to celebrate 50 years of Basildon at ANM Centre Thainstone Inverurie.

BC

I had an email from James Hutton the Service manager with the New Holland dealers Ravenhill based at Dyce near Aberdeen. He was saying Ravenhill are holding an open day at Aberdeen & Northern Marts at the Thainstone Centre, Inverurie, AB51 5XZ on Wednesday 22nd October 2014 and will be celebrating 50 years of tractor manufacture from the Basildon plant.The open day will include a display of all the ranges produced at the Basildon plant to the present day range of NH tractors. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not aware of seeing one in my travels but I will ask around at the Mearn's Vintage rally new weekend and also at the Scottish vintage tractor club at Scone Palace the following weekend. Would Ravenshill be providing transportation to and from Thainstone if a baler was found and was available for loan / show on the day :huh:  

• 2 weeks later...

Bill Orr a farmer and a renowned collector of tractors and implements from Finavon (first farm heading South past Netherton Tractors and Peggy Scott's) got back to may saying he did not have a NH 840/841 baler in his collection and did not know of any in existence in his area. He did say there were a lot in his area but sadly most seemed now to have been scrapped. 

• 2 weeks later...

This event got a write up in News Briefs in the November 2014 edition of Classic Tractor from Rory Day. The show is on from 2 pm until late and it is expected there will be around 17 to 18 tractors on display which were made at Basildon over the past 50 years.In addition there will be numerous models from the latest New Holland range.It looks as though it will be a good show and well I'm planning to attend to get some photos etc ;D  ;D

• 4 weeks later...

I had a look in past the mart today and preparations were well in advance. I didn't expect to see a Gold NH T6.160 Autocommand on display specially painted for a customer.

IMG_5428_zps8143597f.jpg

IMG_5461_zpsaefc39a7.jpg

Yesterday at the event there was one of the real deal and 6 of the Britain's models for sale. In his opening welcoming speech the Managing Director of Ravenhill Limited said the company would give a £1,000 discount on any new New Holland ordered on the day The Britain's models were on sale at £24 each which was 20% cheaper than I actually paid for my model last month but I think the deal on the day on their model's was far better than their £1,000 discount on the real deal  ;D  ;D .....................joking aside it was a great show and a very enjoyable one and the sausage rolls, coffee and stovies were very nice and were snapped up like hotcakes by the attendees 8)   

P1110559_zps8a1376e3.jpg

P1110560_zps56a583d4.jpg

P1110564_zps3cd05135.jpg

I nipped out for half an hour after work... It was a really good night with some impressive machinery on show!

The vintage stuff that was on display ,although still in everyday use on the farms was in immaculate condition! A credit to the farmers around here!! I gave the food a miss as I was just after dinner but there was a lot of food there and a lot of hungry folk getting fed :)

I also gave the Brittains model a miss in favour of a blue power 270 that I've been after for ages and I also picked up a 50 year celebratory polo shirt for when the weather picks up a bit around here again :)

All in all a very good show.... The highlight for me being that T8 390... What a beast :o... No shortage of cash around scotland for some agricultural contractors :P

It was a good event and a lot of work must have gone into it by all the staff involved at Ravenhill Chris. It addition it was nice to see it was well supported by the spectators.I even saw one chap from Auchterarder and a Massey Ferguson dealer from Orkney who I said to him I had been asked to remove him from the premises ;D  ;D

I understand that all the indoor exhibits were leaving yesterday since I suspect it might have been quite late before the show actually finished James

It was a good event and a lot of work must have gone into it by all the staff involved at Ravenhill Chris. It addition it was nice to see it was well supported by the spectators.I even saw one chap from Auchterarder and a Massey Ferguson dealer from Orkney who I said to him I had been asked to remove him from the premises ;D  ;D

I understand that all the indoor exhibits were leaving yesterday since I suspect it might have been quite late before the show actually finished James[/quote

Do you have any photos to post of the event? Would like to see if you have.

I have quite a few Iain but I'm doing a news article for Rory Day at Classic Tractor so to be fair I can't really post photos up yet so it will be December at the earliest I'm afraid. But all good things come to those who are prepared to wait ;D  ;D

Well what can I say , I think it took 50 mins from official opening time for the place to absolutely packed , this continued through out the afternoon and then back to packed again in the evening.

All the hard work envolved planning and setting up certainly paid off with the buzz and positive comments coming from everyone I spoke to .

Unfortunately I was too busy to get any pictures but there was plenty taken and I'm sure they will start appearing come time.

• 1 month later...

The news article has appeared in January 2015 edition of Classic Tractor which has been out for a week or so now so time to share the rest of the photos I took at the event.

IMG_5464_zps8fa5e238.jpg

IMG_5465_zpsa0079526.jpg

IMG_5466_zpsbd37848d.jpg

IMG_5468_zps18bfcbba.jpg

IMG_5469_zps61567272.jpg

IMG_5470_zpsf14c4a2e.jpg

Archived