Tips for use of scatters

Niels

A question for the model farmers out here. I would like to get some scatter to fill up my trailers and make them a bit more realistic. However, there is quite a selection available on the net. Mainly used for railways but can anyone give any pointers what to go for? I am especially looking for scatters that look like forage maize, cereals and grain maize. In Holland you can find a lot of stuff from the German? manufacturer Berka. I don't know if that is available in the UK as well?

Does anyone have any tips or pointers what to look out for? Oh yes, I don't want it to cost a fortune. :)

if your after a full trailer load, just make the fill a block of oasis, flower arranging foam, shape the top and just cover that, save filling a whole trailer with scatter then, have also seen a part load , being emptied ,was a grain load mind done the same way . mandy used to do a nice straw/grain looking scatter on her website, came in a big plastic pot with a scatter lid, may be ok for the grain maze??

@Alex: Thank you, Brushwood is readily available but seems quite dear on Ebay. Any idea how large the bags are that they come in?

@Sean: Yes it'll be trailer loads and I had already thought of filling the trailers first! Hadn't though of oasis which might be a better option than Styrofoam. 

@Paul: Thanks as well, I have some of that stuff but it's more grass than maize?

Edit: Just found out the Brushwood bags are 450 grams. That justifies the price of £10 compared to a £2 bag with 45 grams in it.

Archived