Farming yesteryear at Scone Palace near Perth Sunday 14th September 2014

BC

First second and third in the petrol / paraffin class

IMG_4806_zpsf6030a5c.jpg

This one got second in P?P class, third for tractor and implement combination and 3rd for implement only.

IMG_4807_zps864f56b4.jpg

I never thought I would get a placing given this tractor was restored 14 years ago.

IMG_4808_zpsa659e3d1.jpg

Thanks Brian I was rather pleased with a third place given the amount of tractors in the class and also the restoration started 18 years ago and was completed 14 years ago. It is a very good event and yes getting away at night is a nightmare and was maybe made worse this year due to the council deciding to rip up and resurface the road on one of the main bridges within Perth. I got loaded up and was chatting to folk and watching the queue which seemed to be never ending. At around 8  pm it was dark so I bit the bullet and went round the rough road past the racecourse and turned left and headed to Burrelton via a long a winding single track road without passing places but I'm glad I did and was home at 10 PM. A very long day but a very enjoyable one 8)

I'm glad you went and took all these photo's Bill,I completely forgot it was on,thing is I was actually in Perth on Sunday "getting the messages" was nearly back home when my mobile went,it was my mate Bud,"where are you" he say's,Milnathort I reply,then looking through your photo's here he is Bud,big lad stripey blue top,??

Bud_zps85f5f0f9.jpg

Regards

Joe.

I vistited the show for 2 hours or so, absolute nightmare getting through perth in the morning due to road resurfacing between the two bridges, then once past the roadworks got stuck behind a brand spanking new grimmie tattie harvester which i presume had just came from agricar just outside perth on the Crieff road, enjoyed the show, no pictures for me though, can't wait until next year

Archived