New Holland T6020

Hi guys, I'm doing a bit of a conversion job on a New Holland T6020. So far I've removed the loader from it, and have removed the grab from the loader too. I'm looking to add mudguards to the front wheels and change the front wheels/ tires because I don't think they're the right size. Any wheel size suggestions appreciated.

The only problem I have had so far is, I want to add a driver to the cab but cannot remove the cab. 

Could someone help me by explaining how to remove the cab? I have already taken out the screws under the wheel arches but it seems to be caught around the bonnet. Ive tried to remove the bonnet but cant. HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks in advance for the help, pictures are to follow.

Mick

most uh cabs are fitted the same way, there's usually 1 or 2 screws under the rear mudguards that need removing, easier if you remove the wheels, but not always needed , then there's a last one that's usually under the bonnet, holding the front down, so gently prise the bonnet off and you can see it  ,if your careful you can get a good sharp hobby knife and cut the lug off without removing the bonnet , just cut down between the cab front and bonnet but its not easy to do , and sometimes the lug stops the cab going back on properly and level so removing the bonnet is probably  safer way

most uh cabs are fitted the same way, there's usually 1 or 2 screws under the rear mudguards that need removing, easier if you remove the wheels, but not always needed , then there's a last one that's usually under the bonnet, holding the front down, so gently prise the bonnet off and you can see it  ,if your careful you can get a good sharp hobby knife and cut the lug off without removing the bonnet , just cut down between the cab front and bonnet but its not easy to do , and sometimes the lug stops the cab going back on properly and level so removing the bonnet is probably  safer way

Do you have any UH models your taking apart at the moment,to show this screw under the bonnet etc,I want to have ago but bricking it in case I wreck the model...

just tap off the bonnet,you wont see the screw until the bonnet is off,as i posted above,turn the model upside down and use a small hammer and punch,hit one of the bottom edges of the bonnet,i have done it a few times and never broken one bonnet,its up to you

just tap off the bonnet,you wont see the screw until the bonnet is off,as i posted above,turn the model upside down and use a small hammer and punch,hit one of the bottom edges of the bonnet,i have done it a few times and never broken one bonnet,its up to you

I have 2x McCormick MC 115's ex eBay damaged looks like there gonna be my ginned pigs....

Do you have any UH models your taking apart at the moment,to show this screw under the bonnet etc,I want to have ago but bricking it in case I wreck the model...

Im the same, the bonnet of this T6020 is really stubborn and its stuck quite well.. Every time I try to take it off though I get that slight bit braver!!

• 2 months later...

Archived