Ford 6600 this must be a new record?

Andy

Guest quangova

Thats whats good about eBay... if someone really wants it they will pay the price... i'll be putting a mint boxed example 6600 shortley so hope i get this lucky...?

i started saving the models in 1978 after I`d wrecked numerous MF 135`s  both red and yellow , dinky  and corgi too.....I even broke my tonka toys ! some of the guys used to call me tonka because of that

I still have  a 1978 Deutz dx110, bale sledge 8 wheel trailer and the first Nh baler I bought or was given back then not forgetting the MF 760  NH baler has the tow hook broken, sledge perfect , deutz one broken rear arm  and MF combine perfect if dusty. Sadly none have boxes  but I do have about 4 years worth of boxes from 1983 ish until I stopped collecting in 1987..oh boy am i kicking myself when I see the price difference as I`m hoping my collection will be my pension policy  one day.

In the rush to see the models often the boxes got ripped anyway am i alone on that one ?

John

My brother and I saved none of the boxes from when we were kids, heck, who would ever have thought then (early '70s) that adults, including me would be collecting and paying what we do. Since I got into this as an adult though I've kept all my boxes. So has my wife, she collects diecast cars. We have an old wardrobe in the basement full of just toy boxes.

What really bugs me is the bubble packs that 1/64 scale stuff comes in. I never try to keep those and now unless it's something really important, a 1/64 toy is worth next to nothing if it's not in a bubble pack.

HI ;D WELL I SAVED MOST OF MINE FROM AROUND 1978 ON, GOT FORD 6600, MF595, FIAT, DEUTZ,  LOTS OF STRAW BOX ONES. AND IMPLEMENT ONES TOO AROUND 100 + . I PUT IT DOWN TO MY BED ROOM BEING IN A LOFT CONVERSION, AND ONE END WAS STILL THE LOFT BY THE STAIRS. SO THE BOXES WENT IN THERE BECAUSE IT WAS CLOSER THAN THE BIN. NOW I AM QUITE GLAD THAT I WAS LAZY BACK THEN. ;D ;D :D :D

• 2 months later...

i personally think mid 70s boxes were "Britains at their best" for?presenting their farm product in the straw boxes did not think to much for the rainbow boxes, I don't know what it was about the straw boxes as a kid but it just subliminally said buy me . this COULD be a topic in its self