Bale Cutter

Hi Fendt Power. No you can't put round bales in it.

It is loaded by the following:- The sides fold down by hydraulic rams and a loader puts square bales onto a conveyor which carries them to a set of vertical beaters (like dung spreaders) which chop up the bale and drop it onto the ground on top of a sheet of polythene also laid by the bale cutter.

Hope That Helps

Cheers

NewHolland2

Hi Fendt Power. No you can't put round bales in it.

It is loaded by the following:- The sides fold down by hydraulic rams and a loader puts square bales onto a conveyor which carries them to a set of vertical beaters (like dung spreaders) which chop up the bale and drop it onto the ground on top of a sheet of polythene also laid by the bale cutter.

Hope That Helps

Cheers

NewHolland2

When you say "square bales", do you mean the small ones from days of old or the more recent big bales (Hestons??) ?

I'm not good a conversion by any stretch of the imagination, but could the front of a forage wagon be used for the back of that wagon??

The Britains loader wagon would be ok but it would require a lot of modification to the original casting, this rear discharge spreader could be a possible canidate for the bale chopper as well.

Guest Fendt pwr

Another way of covering the rows could be to use a 3pt mounted bale shreader like is used for putting down straw beds for cattle only drive down the rows with the head aimed at the ground I've see/done this with strawberrys and it worked fine.

How do you change the rolls of film over on the that anyway?

Guest Fendt pwr

Thanks NH2

I'd like to see any pictures of this unit,untill now I've never seen one of them before.

Do you drive the deutz tractor? :)

Guest Fendt pwr

Good one NH2!

Do you think the row crop tyre's on the deutz-fahr rear end are a few mm's wider than the std row crops you get on spraying tractors?

Maybe it's just me?? ;D ;D

Guest Fendt pwr

Thanks for showing.An interesting bit of kit to say the least.

Whats the monitor in the cab tell you??or is it off a baler or some thing and just did'nt get taken out?.

Hi Fendt Power. Here's two pics of the tube which the polythene is wrapped around. The first is just the tube but the second shows the tough plastic construction of the inside.

In answer to the question of tyre thickness, as far as I know it is slightly thicker due to the fact carrot fields are often incredibly muddy.

I have never actually worked one of these machines so am not sure what the in-cab monitor displays, sorry.

Anymore questions fire away.

Hope that has helped.

Cheers

NewHolland2

Guest Fendt pwr

Why don't they grow that kind of crop on light soil in feilds that have drains at the healands to dry up any extra water?

What is offten the next crop grown afther carrots in the UK?is the yeild as good as if the previous crop was green beans or grass?

All that kit looks very nice but from a long term profit pint of view is the damage to the soil structure worth it?

They are my last questions on this fascinating topic.... I promise. ::)

Hi there Fendt Power.

Why don't they grow that kind of crop on light soil in feilds that have drains at the healands to dry up any extra water?

Carrots grow best in sandy soil, but due to the demand in the UK for carrots, companies like Huntapac Produce (Suppliers for Sainsbury's and others) have to grow their carrot crop all over the UK, to make as much use as possible of the varying ground conditions and to stop one area being cropped with carrots on a regular basis.

What is offten the next crop grown afther carrots in the UK?is the yeild as good as if the previous crop was green beans or grass?

Around here wheat or barley is the usual crop which follows carrots. Not sure what yield is like, but with all the straw which gets ploughed and sub-soiled in, there is a lot of good compost being put back into the soil.

All that kit looks very nice but from a long term profit pint of view is the damage to the soil structure worth it?

The damage to the soil structure won't really bother the main companies (like Huntapac) as much of the ground on which their crop is grown is hired from farmers across the length and breadth of the UK, however as an example, the field here was harvested about three weeks ago, approximatley 12 beds (each with 9 dreels of carrots in) were ploughed and sub-soiled into the ground as it would not be practical to harvest them. Now three weeks on the contractors were back and disc harrowed the ground and after a dry spell you wouldn't think that a few weeks ago the field was a bog.

Hope that has helped and any more questions just ask.

Cheers

NewHolland2