HOME FARMS OF BRITAIN FORDSON DDN

Probably been asked at some time before, but what is the history about these "Home farms of Britain"  Fordsons. Who makes them and how many were made ?  Obviously recasts of the Britains original ones but are very poor with gaps down the seem on the bonnet. Surely they could have corrected the mould/cast before continuing to the final build.  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOME-FARMS-OF-BRITAIN-FORDSON-DDN-FINISHED-IN-INDUSTRIAL-YELLOW-/231346113290?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35dd4d8b0a

Would the casts with these kits from the Dinky Club be any better made ? 

http://dinkyclub.com/britains-fordson-tractor-fordson-major-ddn--spade-lug-version--white-metal-kit--price-each-5362-p.asp

They are copies of the original Britains model, I have a pair of these, one yellow with grey wheels and white linkage down arms and a blue one with the same grey wheels and white arms. Britains England that would normally be cast in relief on the seat side of the right mudguard on these, Britains has been ground off. The guy that produces these used to for a very short time sell them, amongst other genuine stuff, at Exeter Westpoint and Newton Abbot racecourse fairs several years ago, I bought the two I have before he started putting them in a box, he'd just started doing these tractors but seems to have in recent years disappeared, until now, At the time he was asking £85 a pop but I didn't pay that much, reminding him that the real Britains DDN was cheaper than that! The one in the link looks a very poorly constructed model but the ones I have are pretty well spot on. I very much expect and if I were a gambler would put money that he's buying the kits from Dinky Club, albeit with the rubber tyred wheels, he also does the spud wheel ones. Some of the axle shaft pins from Dinky Club are copper colour as well.

Archived