Maize 2015

bluegreen

Due to technical difficulties and general incompetence Ive not had much success with getting pictures this year, my main camera wont upload to my computer for some unknown reason, which Im not computer savvy enough to solve!   And my little Lumix is a bit limited, especially when 30 tons of steel, plastic and rubber is hurtling towards it at speed>:(

Nevermind, I did strike lucky this morning and followed a sub contractors silage trailer to this little lot of mostly JDs, but with two very nice new Pumas and one of the main contractors (Pretoria energy) JCB 4220s put in an appearance..........Yayyyy!       The 4220s look so much better in transport than any other JCB,  lower, wider and meaner and their more tractor than truck this time round!

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 009.JPG

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 014.JPG

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 011.JPG

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 008.JPG

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 017.JPG

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 018.JPG

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 028.JPG

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 030.JPG

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 024.JPG

To be honest Paul, when you see these 4000s on the road hauling they make the other fastracs look very dated!!  They seem too just glide along:of

We currently have loads and loads of various fastracs hauling maize round here for pretoria energy, most are either 3230s or 2170s with a few 7s and 8000s and none of these have remotely the same charisma that the new 4220 has when hauling a big trailer...................I think the new stylish wider & roomier cab sat on top of the lower 2170 size chassis and the yellow wheels, slim exhaust, tinted glass etc just sets them apart from other JCBs.

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 007.JPG

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 012.JPG

Still the best looking tractor in the 200hp power bracket imo, even now 11 years after I saw the first prototype working in Suffolk.....................admittedly I did sway to MF7600s briefly in 2012 but they've dated badly whereas the CASE Puma still looks the biz!

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 019.JPG

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 029.JPG

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 034.JPG

On 11/19/2015, 10:24:45, bluegreen said:

Still the best looking tractor in the 200hp power bracket imo, even now 11 years after I saw the first prototype working in Suffolk.....................admittedly I did sway to MF7600s briefly in 2012 but they've dated badly whereas the CASE Puma still looks the biz!

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 019.JPG

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 029.JPG

Maize Nov2015   CASE, JCB, JD 034.JPG

Best looking..!! Well it is ..but its cousin is nicer in my eyes...

maxresdefault.jpg

Paint colour wise I to prefer blue to red, however Ive always liked the CASE bonnet design over the T7s.............................and even more so on the new models,  CASE haven't changed their bonnet but inexplicably NH have copied the hideous T8 livery and spoiled the T7s!!    I guess they might grow on me when I see them everywhere, not seen one yet.

Archived