Recommendations

CMB

I've got several of the new Britains John Deere 40 and 50 series and they're fantastic (apart from the screen wipers in the cabs which I find a bit too big, and a few other minor details). I'm not overly enamoured of the new David Brown 996/1210s just released, and I think Britains can still get it wrong now and then. I was just wondering what other recent Britains are people rating highly, as I've only bought the odd one or two in the last few years?

The international 956's were excellent, as were the ford 7600 and 6600. For the money, you can't go wrong really. The new fastrac   is getting good reviews aswell.  The Browns were a bit of a let down, but I still bought both of them, £15 each from a local dealer, you have a great little model that's o.k, but not 100% right, but what model is these days.

Agree.. The Ford 6600 & 7600 were very good for the money.. The 40 & 50 Series JDs also.. International /Case tractors were also pretty good.. But the DB 996 could be better  The 1210 aint so bad compared to the 996.....

Yeah I have a few of the Nashes (I may yet get a dual wheeled one too), and have the new Ford 7600, not bad at all. I like the sound of that new Fastrac. I got rid of a previous one from the mid-00s (3220/30 I think or 3185) because of its lack of detail, poor quality build and the fact you couldn't hitch up old Britains implements.

Archived