David Brown 1970's 990, 1200 and 1400 series

damu04

Almost there ,but cannot get DB club to send me the real decals for reducing down to 1/32:have been chasing them for 6 weeks & the chap keeps saying he's going to post them this week! >:(

these kinda things always halt the finnished product

incidently if you where takeing photos of a decal on a tractor would you shoot with maximum focus,

macro vision on about 20 ft away from the real thing then use microsoft paint to doctor up

any tips are welcome the obvoius being clean newish decals  on a mild day to avoid sun glare

Almost there ,but cannot get DB club to send me the real decals for reducing down to 1/32:have been chasing them for 6 weeks & the chap keeps saying he's going to post them this week! >:(

From memory, there's a couple of people who advertise in Rory's Wonder Mag who could help you with that, not to mention the guys who do the 1:16 version.

• 4 months later...

Being a collector of David Brown model tractors (primarily) amongst all the rest as well, a lot of people don't realise just how many D.B. models were actualy produced over the years. The difficulty earlier on, while the Meltham factory was still in production, was that the old man did not give model manufacturers license to produce them unless he actually commissioned them to do so, it is only since the demise of the Company that more models have come into production but having said that, I believe the present owners of the name still protect it fiercely and any proposed models have to pass strict muster.

The Implematic 990 was first produced in 1995 in an Ertl box and in 2000 re-released as an 'Elite' after it became Britain's Ertl or something like that. (Shame about the front axle and linkage).

As a point of interest, I read somewhere that Dinky applied to D.B. in 1968 to produce the Selectamatic 990 for the Xmas market after the successful sales of the Implematic 990. Dinky were allowed to produce 100,000 units of the white one and by the end of January 1969 had sold out, re-applying to D.B. to produce more, were given license to produce 60,000 more. That was it.

I have in my collection 49 David Brown and D.B/Case models including a few conversions (My conversions are David Browns, not like the rubbish on the auction sites, most of which are Ford 6600,s painted white/red).

My conversions are David Browns, not like the rubbish on the auction sites, most of which are Ford 6600,s painted white/red

Hi powerrabbit did you see the one go for ?300 or so I almost collapsed  ;)

Yes, I did see that one. I watched it to the end. Nice blob of body-filler for a front weight!! If anyone puts something half decent on it seems to make peanuts. They say "one mans rubbish is another mans goldmine". You ought to look at others listed under 'conversion', you will certainly have a good laugh, obviously some of these people should get out and have a look at the real tractors instead of looking at picture books.

By the way, have any of you seen the Universal Hobbies 1/43rd scale 1949 Cropmaster Diesel. I found one in China a couple of weeks ago for ?11 including post, the detail is as good as the 1/16th scale tractors, wonder if U.H. will do a big one, time will tell. If any of you want to see this little Cropmaster, email me and I'll send you a pic or next time I'm on I'll post a pic.

Cheers ye all. Happy new year.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello Lads Ive been wishing for britains/ertl to start making detailed models of the DB 1200/10/12 1410/12 There is many variasions of the 12 seires like the early 67 DB 1200 fitted with shell fenders exaust brake and web rear wheels i think there called.Then theres the later MK2 1200 which had different rear wheels and some were fitted with the victor/sta dri cab.Then 1971 saw the realease of the 1212 and 1210 these were mainly fitted with sta dri cabs up until late 72.

Then later came the power red and white 12s with later the release of the ultimate DBs the 1410 and 1412 with hydralic brakes 91 horse power engine much larger reduction units and beefed up hydralics ect.

Any way i hope they make the 12+14s and put as much detail into them as the JD 4020.