one passe balling

norac

A "V" rake isn't all that new, many many moons ago Vicon did the well known and widely used acrobat rake and as an aid to up production offered a 4" box section frame up to which a pair of acrobats could be mounted in a preset "V", not sure in what numbers these large Vicon Trapeze rakes sold in but I have a brochure for one somewhere squirreled away,

4 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

A "V" rake isn't all that new, many many moons ago Vicon did the well known and widely used acrobat rake and as an aid to up production offered a 4" box section frame up to which a pair of acrobats could be mounted in a preset "V", not sure in what numbers these large Vicon Trapeze rakes sold in but I have a brochure for one somewhere squirreled away,

Didn't know this Paul. Would be very interested to see any info on it. 

Thanks joe and Paul. I have seen some similar designs to that but never one using the acrobats. I know this type of thing is popular in the u s of a where the crops tend to be lighter. I have one of these that sees occasional use. 

image.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here you go Martin, finally after a bit of time hunting through a filing cabinet full of brochures... i found the "Trapeze" brochure I have :), I'm 95% sure I've a later Vicon brochure covering the full range of fingerwheel rakes, but as yet that one eludes me as to its whereabouts :laugh:

001.jpg002.jpg

10 hours ago, mb86 said:

Thanks for searching it out for me. I do like that idea, might have to get the welder out! Do you think it is two standard acrobats or will the left hand one be different?

No problem Martin, sorry it took a while.... I'd say the frames will be identical, just flipped over, as without the wheels on they would be the same, I'd hazard a guess that it be the tines on the wheels as you stand at the back of the rake the right hand one would be normal, and the tines on the left hand one would want to be opposite to rake the crop into a row.... so perhaps if you were to flip the wheels over on their hubs on the frame it might get you away to a large " V " rake out of a pair of cheap acrobats and a bit of box section, though you could always build a prototype out of a couple of Britain's acrobats to look at the project further ;) If you decide to give it a go I'd love to see it :)

Cheers for posting Erik, nice to see something else a little bit different too 8)

Archived