Harvest 2016

bluegreen

Harvest pics, mainly bloomin Claas>:(............I think the competition apart from JD have given up trying to sell against them!!   Claas are cheaper, with a cartel controlled resale value which is higher than the others, and they therefore can throw more money at their service team!!    "Baah humbug"    Just wait till Deutsche bank collapses that will throw a spanner in the Claas works Haha.

Rant over,  actually they are nice machines, especially the narrow body 760 on tracks with a 35 ft split reel....................A L Lees pictured below had two new uns this year along with 7 brand new NH T7.210s.

Early to mid August 2016 103.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 104.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 085.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 089.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 017.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 083.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 071.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 052.JPG

And moving onto Bill Legges mob around my village who also had two new machines, this time 750s with smaller 25ft cuts which meant they simply flew around the fields!   The good news was he had his contractor doing the carting jobs which meant 3 nice Masseys instead of the usual boring Fendts!

I had hoped the new 7720vt was Bills and that he had swapped one of the old 718s in for it, but no such luck!

Early to mid August 2016 139.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 133.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 142.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 146.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 161.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 155.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 164.JPG

And a few for the JD crowd, including a brand new 8320R with the new design exhaust platform which looks much neater than the original design.

And no bar axle on the rear wheels which is a first in my experience of photoing 8Rs.

The S690 pictured was one of three which unfortunately was the only one still working as both its mates had broken down!    Should have bought big yellow CRs instead............. This meant the one S690 still going had three 8360/70Rs servicing it with 60 tons of trailer space ha ha!......how ridiculous!

Early to mid August 2016 114.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 118.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 120.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 122.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 124.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 002.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 004.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 115.JPG

A lot of New Hollands?  Im moving down your way then;D

I did try and find some Massey combines locally and actually there are three on different farms harvesting 2-3000 acres between them I suspect.

Two 7280 Centoras and one 7282, all old shape unfortunately.  New 7300s look really nice but AGCO are getting a very bad reputation on the farming forums due to the dreadfully unreliable generation 1  Delta "Disaster" model.

mid late august 2016 012.JPG

mid late august 2016 013.JPG

mid late august 2016 018.JPG

Early to mid August 2016 128.JPG

There was a running report of a Delta in Farmers Weekly a year back - ran on 570ha in Hampshire.  It said their 9280 had teething problems which was found to be because the rotors were incorrectly assembled (!) but after that it performed 'faultlessly'.  Was then replaced with a 9380 for 2015.  I have read some of the nightmare stories on the Farming Forum - I thought perhaps it may have been a sanitised article in FW though it also features a Deutz which isn't cast in the greatest light.  Perhaps this bloke's machine was an exception to the rule?

36 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

There was a running report of a Delta in Farmers Weekly a year back - ran on 570ha in Hampshire.  It said their 9280 had teething problems which was found to be because the rotors were incorrectly assembled (!) but after that it performed 'faultlessly'.  Was then replaced with a 9380 for 2015.  I have read some of the nightmare stories on the Farming Forum - I thought perhaps it may have been a sanitised article in FW though it also features a Deutz which isn't cast in the greatest light.  Perhaps this bloke's machine was an exception to the rule?

Would you be able to post a link to the article, please..

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Due to my other thread not uploading itself properly I thought I would extend this harvest thread with some more recent pictures.

Sept Oct 2016 034.JPG

Interesting to see. Were they getting too much cob loss with the krone header? Seems to be a complaint about them around this way but no independent kemper dealers to push just the headers. 

Hi Tommy,  The Kemper had spent the last 3 seasons on a silver Claas 980 harvester.   I was surprised the Big X didn't have a new header on it, Kemper or Krone.  

Another Big X 1100 user near Norwich had a 16 row Krone header originally on his machine but switched it after a few years for a Kemper 12 row, so you may be right.

October 2016 027.JPG

October 2016 024.JPG

October 2016 014.JPG

• 1 month later...

Its all fenland soils round here Tris....................As soon as it turns wet the farmer above goes from one set of discs, to two big ploughs in tandem.    And this past year saw both his 30 series Deeres changed for 8Rs and his Fendt 930 went for the new CAT 765......................Also the hired in Puma was new to, so I had been tracking them for a couple of weeks until they came into range;D

2016 All pictures 508.JPG

2016 All pictures 513.JPG

7 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Its all fenland soils round here Tris....................As soon as it turns wet the farmer above goes from one set of discs, to two big ploughs in tandem.    And this past year saw both his 30 series Deeres changed for 8Rs and his Fendt 930 went for the new CAT 765......................Also the hired in Puma was new to, so I had been tracking them for a couple of weeks until they came into range;D

2016 All pictures 508.JPG

2016 All pictures 513.JPG

Is this a contract out fit or farmer?

Archived