Claas Uniwrap

FNHIR

Paid a visit to my local model shop for a browse and a possible buy, my wages as usual burning a hole in my pocket. This place is dearer than toystore chains but has far more stuff, including some Scaledown and DBP, as well as some old Britains models NIB, and Ertl items too. You can imagine my surprise when I came across a Siku Claas Uniwrap baler priced at ?20.99, with all the rest of them at ?28.99, I was up to the counter like a shot. Thank God it was one of the shop girls behind the counter (it's a supermarket as well), if it was the owner he would've realised fairly sharpish!

I was about to ask what shop you were referring to - until you mentioned the supermarket bit.  :D

I went into the Supermarket one day to buy cigarettes, having given up driving around the town trying to find the model shop.  ::)

Seriously expensive, but lots of good stuff (esp if you like 1:43 rallycars)

What DBP and Scaledown models did he have?

Innishannon, Co. Cork, Ireland.

He had the DBP 1174, and various Scaledown Fordson, Field Marshall and Roadless models. UH Tecnoma sprayer, Cougar (which I bought there a few weeks ago), Fordson Major, McCormick CX95 and 105. The NIB 6600 was ?225  :o and the TW-35 ?195. Also a crap Ford '7610' conversion, ie a 5610 with a new decal and rear duals with a seed drill, for ?85  ::)

Paid a visit to my local model shop for a browse and a possible buy, my wages as usual burning a hole in my pocket. This place is dearer than toystore chains but has far more stuff, including some Scaledown and DBP, as well as some old Britains models NIB, and Ertl items too. You can imagine my surprise when I came across a Siku Claas Uniwrap baler priced at ?20.99, with all the rest of them at ?28.99, I was up to the counter like a shot. Thank God it was one of the shop girls behind the counter (it's a supermarket as well), if it was the owner he would've realised fairly sharpish!

FNHIR, if the uniwrap had ?20.99 on it i think he has to sell you it at that price doesnt he? ???

i think i read something years ago that a person is not obliged to sell you anything no matter what way its priced. Its is only an invitation to buy it and it dosnt have to be sold. However i could be wrong on this. You would have to refer to law of contract

Consumer Information Act 1978.

From the [url=http://www.odca.ie/cfmdocs/b_query/info2.cfm]ODCA Website

"A price-ticket placed, even by mistake on the wrong item may amount to a false or misleading price indication. In the event of a prosecution, it may not be sufficient for a trader to claim that a genuine mistake was made if it cannot also be established that reasonable care was taken to avoid the commission of an offence. (It may be worth noting that a price-ticket, whether or correct or not, does not give a consumer any direct right as such to demand that the product be sold at the price on the ticket). "