bit of late 70's early 80's nostalgia....

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:00 PM, mike whiting said:

Jep , I use to live in Hessle where the weeks trailers were built. We had probably 8 of them on my Fathers farm, poplar 4 t, poplar plus and the silage trailers. We built some up from scratch, bought in kit form. Also had a weeks rotaflail muck spreader. 

The ribs on the floor section look great, is it made from plastistruct or brass? Also please can you provide details of the paint used, looks spot on for the real model. Would quite like to make one myself.

is it the Norev class combine?

Hi Mike,

Sorry for late reply - don't manage to get on the site every day :-[. It is mainly plastistruct, card/channel/box etc - only bits of brass are the tailboard grab handle & the bar to lock the tailboard in closed position. Will try and post some photos - part built. I have made a weeks super 10 to go with this trailer - but this still needs a coat of blue paint - will check the paint - but was Halfords - and it was a ford colour - but can't remember the name/code - will check next couple of days. The Combine is the Norev Dominator - I have just added new wheels/extra lights and a Manns decal.

Regards,

John. 

• 5 months later...

Archived