What really annoyed you today

To late, I have dropped her off at her friends place. After getting half way there to find she had forgotten her eye-liner, bronzing pearls and hair spray. ..  ::) ::)

Thank the Lord for FTF that's all I can say!!

Forgive me for asking but what's a bronzing pearl Tris ???

What annoyed me...

Waaaaay too many rare brochures coming up on ebay.. I've done a bleeding fortune on brochures this week.... and my watches are full too - so next weekend doesn't look to be much better  :-[ :'(

Mrs F is going to cut of my ***** I reckon  :'( :'( :'(

Anyone got room for a fat bloke.. a tractor.. and handfull of models and a few A4 folders at their house for a few weeks or so ???

What annoyed me...

Waaaaay too many rare brochures coming up on ebay.. I've done a bleeding fortune on brochures this week.... and my watches are full too - so next weekend doesn't look to be much better  :-[ :'(

Mrs F is going to cut of my ***** I reckon  :'( :'( :'(

Anyone got room for a fat bloke.. a tractor.. and handfull of models and a few A4 folders at their house for a few weeks or so ???

Clearing out the spare room right this minute ;)

PS You have sorted out that little problem of yours have you ???

;):-*:-* :-*

yes mate iv will have room for u and the open fire for the mags and an steel orange pealer for the tractors and a compactor for the models ( mine are in the bottom) :P :P  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D or i will just take the wife if thats easyer mate she can go with  mine  ::) ::)::)

Clearing out the spare room right this minute ;)

PS You have sorted out that little problem of yours have you ???

;):-*:-* :-*

My problem is still little... but it's in working order I can tell you... well it was the last time I looked at it.. 1999 I believe  :-[

We are talking about my inflatable bed are we not ???  ;D

yes mate iv will have room for u and the open fire for the mags and an steel orange pealer for the tractors and a compactor for the models ( mine are in the bottom) :P :P  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D or i will just take the wife if thats easyer mate she can go with  mine  ::) ::)::)

Sticking stapms on Mrs F as we speak Steve... good luck mate  ;):D :D

beginner with about 16 pics in the comp when were only alowed 8

27 i think  ::)

but not to worry, its not the sort of post we want to see on here please. At the end of the day, it was the end of the comp and as he said its the taking part that counts  :) :) :)

just stabbed myself in the leg with the sharp knife while cutting some card, young uns always use a board wont you, good job it was only my leg, and i had my work trousers on mind

ouch!!

i was gonna make a really funny joke but just wouldn't be able to get the point across, just don't have any sharp witty comments to make, so I'll cut to the chase and say Muppet! :D :D :D

I'll tell you what faffin' annoyed me today  >:(, chuffin trucks........thats what.  >:( You get the bu**ers ready for MOT test and everything's ok. You take it for a Pre MOT brake test the day before and it passes that ok, so you think, "Great. it should sail through the test tomorrow". You walk round the so**ing thing .............and.............pssssssssssssssss, its got yet another bl**dy air leak. So far it's had a new handbrake valve, a new suspension valve,  and now the handbrake relay valve has decided to do a snake impersonation. Of course, all the airline connections are old, the pipes are so*s to get out, and often refuse to stay together when the air pressure builds up. Then you find out that Foden's used imperial size pipework instead of the very common metric stuff, so you can only get them from Foden parts suppliers.

Dont it make ya spit. I wonder what the hell I do the job for sometimes. All I ever wanted to be was a............................gynaecologist,  :P, now look at me. Some of these trucks are ****s to work on. ( ****s = Ladies front Bottom) That's as near as I'll ever get to my dream job.  ;):)

just stabbed myself in the leg with the sharp knife while cutting some card, young uns always use a board wont you, good job it was only my leg, and i had my work trousers on mind

i stuck one in my arm when doing that before

Forgive me for asking but what's a bronzing pearl Tris ???

It's a little round tray like that blusher powder but instead it has hundreds of different shade of tan balls in it. You brush them round with a big fluffy brush and apply to the face. Leaves a kind of subtle bronzed look.

Apparantly.  :-[:-[ :-[::)

I'll tell you what faffin' annoyed me today  >:(, chuffin trucks........thats what.  >:( You get the bu**ers ready for MOT test and everything's ok. You take it for a Pre MOT brake test the day before and it passes that ok, so you think, "Great. it should sail through the test tomorrow". You walk round the so**ing thing .............and.............pssssssssssssssss, its got yet another bl**dy air leak. So far it's had a new handbrake valve, a new suspension valve,  and now the handbrake relay valve has decided to do a snake impersonation. Of course, all the airline connections are old, the pipes are so*s to get out, and often refuse to stay together when the air pressure builds up. Then you find out that Foden's used imperial size pipework instead of the very common metric stuff, so you can only get them from Foden parts suppliers.

Dont it make ya spit. I wonder what the hell I do the job for sometimes. All I ever wanted to be was a............................gynaecologist,  :P, now look at me. Some of these trucks are ****s to work on. ( ****s = Ladies front Bottom) That's as near as I'll ever get to my dream job.  ;):)

Would it be that much fun though Will, as they wouldn't be in first class working order!!  ::)

Would it be that much fun though Will, as they wouldn't be in first class working order!!  ::)

This month I have Mot's on two trucks and a trailer, we've had tank tests on two and are having another one done on Monday. We are having to get everything done as we are being honoured (Sarcasm) with a visit from V.O.S.A. next month and want to get everything up to date so they don't have an excuse to be on our backs for the next three years. They work on a zero tolerance of errors with your operation and will prosecute and fine you very heavily if any mistakes show up. There is no defence for any errors and a visit from them is like a visit by the Gestapo. They don't advise or accept any mistakes or oversights. MOT failures are recorded and a points system determines whether you are to become a target for their investigation team. Even small failure items are black marks against you, ie blown bulbs.

I do all my work out in the open as we have no workshop and there is a lot of work involved in MOT preparation as well as for tank tests. I have been extremely busy this month; three Mot's in a month is enough to do without all the tank tests too. One of our trailers failed the test because a bolt was missing from one of the brake camshaft bearings, regardless of the fact that there were three more fully tightened ones holding it in place. Easy to miss when you inspect vehicles on the ground and don't have access to an inspection pit. Another black mark!

I also have to get all the vehicle service records up to date before the sixth of August. The work has been done and it's all recorded in my diary,but it all has to be typed out on work sheets and filed in each vehicles folder. Again they check the continuity of the defects and repair dates to make sure repairs are being carried out and the dates are consecutive, ie we aren't fiddling the records.

Just to make things worse, one of our tanker drivers is on holiday next week and another on a course so along with all the other things I have to do; I will probably be back on night collections again next week.

Our job is a nightmare really we are being watched by V.O.S.A. for the truck maintenance, European hours regulations, and the working time directive, we have Trading Standards, The Environment Agency, Customs and Excise and H.S.E. all watching us and waiting for us to make a mistake. We are just a small firm trying to earn a living and keep ourselves in a job. Earning a living from selling fuel is hard enough as it is without all the government vultures waiting to swoop down on you to make a contribution to the upkeep of officialdom.

As they say............"Such is life"  :(

Going into my local little town to do my weekly shopping today, in the centre of the town there is a cross-roads. Stopping at this cross-road to ease accross, like you do, from the left, a large white van came up the road and stopped right in the middle of the cross-roads and the driver, an Irish man, shouted accross to me "Do you want to buy a diesel generator?"  You can guess where I told him he could stick it!

Going into my local little town to do my weekly shopping today, in the centre of the town there is a cross-roads. Stopping at this cross-road to ease accross, like you do, from the left, a large white van came up the road and stopped right in the middle of the cross-roads and the driver, an Irish man, shouted accross to me "Do you want to buy a diesel generator?"  You can guess where I told him he could stick it!

We get them come round here all the time, bloody cheap gennies tho :D

Pi$$ poor organisation. Get sent to the wrong quarry to pick up a truck. . for starters. Go to correct quarpy and find the Scania six wheel tipper. Jump up in, do my checks. No diesel and no diesel card. Inform duty manager and get no response. Head to wieghbridge anyway to find there is no operative.

Heading home, waste of my time and fuel and I'm kcufed off.