Multiple questions

Hello,

Not sure what category to use.

I have multiple questions.

Is code 3 the same as conversion ? Does conversion just mean the original appearance has been modified ?

I am thinking about restoring a Dinky tractor - Field Marshall or Massey Harris - would it be possible to get a good finish using a model paint brush ?

I don't want to buy an air brush & I think it would be too difficult to use aerosol without taking the tractor apart which I wouldn't want to do.

I noticed small tins of paint are available from The Model Tractor Co (presumably others as well) - does anybody have experience of these - Is this paint good ?

Are the colours good ? specifically Field Marshall Green

Next question depends on previous ones - I like Field Marshall in green Not orange - I think they only came in orange - would painting it green hurt the price it could sell for ?

Obviously could repaint but wouldn't want to do that.

• 2 months later...

I haven't been here for a while so apologies for the delay.

Code 3 is a new model made up using another as the base so is a conversion.

Cannot help with the paint.

My Field Marshalls are green. Never seen a yellow one.

34 minutes ago, Leakeyvale said:

I haven't been here for a while so apologies for the delay.

Code 3 is a new model made up using another as the base so is a conversion.

Cannot help with the paint.

My Field Marshalls are green. Never seen a yellow one.

Nice to see you back Sue, its been a while.

I don't do much converting, well none really however, The Model Tractor Co is one side of SCALEdown Models and they are one of the premier model buiding companies in this sector. I would trust any paint colours that you get from them as Nigel is a stickler for accuracy

Archived