DEUTZ were the days

MJB1

found some pics you may like to see.

these were taken in about 1990 when i used to help out a local contractor

pic1, daily checks for the 6.30, 4.70, & 4.50,  spreaders used were  kidd 1600 tanka-spreaders.

pic2, loading up out of the pit , the slurry was nearly over the bonnet two days before ,but i didn't have a film for the camera ::)

found some pics you may like to see.

these were taken in about 1990 when i used to help out a local contractor

pic1, daily checks for the 6.30, 4.70, & 4.50,  spreaders used were  kidd 1600 tanka-spreaders.

pic2, loading up out of the pit , the slurry was nearly over the bonnet two days before ,but i didn't have a film for the camera ::)

What were you loading into marcus??

sorry jas i never took pics of the spreaders , & in the daily checks pic the 6.30 is parked at an angle hiding the spreader , the kidd spreader is similar to the west spreader but the discharge beaters are on the opposite side

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool tractors mjb.  8)

You must miss your tractor driving days from the pictures you've posted I see you've driven some realy mint tractors like them deutz's and fendt's  8) 8)

I wish deutz would do the same amount of advertising that JQ do,be nice to see more of them around.  :)

nashmash, you're a good man with an eye for the best, have you ever considered politics.  :)

Marcus, what did you think of the DX120 ? I have a chance to buy one at an auction soon. It has very low hours for its age and I'd love to have one for running our disc-mower. This one is 2 wheel-drive, no 2-speed powershift transmission and looks very nice.

TOG : never had much to do with the 120 as i always had a 6.30 but to all intensive purposes it was the same tractor bar the extra 5 HP, the two newer 6.30's had the multi-speed gearbox (6gears per range) whereas mine was an 83 model & just had 5 gears per range , but the're real work horses , never had a problem pulling a 5 f REV & press on heavy ground & handled a 4mtr combi-drill with ease, that & the low center of gravity was great working on slopes.

Although the 6.30 i used was 30kph it still kept a good pace with the 40's, we did have a problem with the clutch pack on the pto in the cold but after it had warmed up it worked fine ( more to do with it's age than faulty components ), i did consider getting a 4.70 when i took the farm on but , there wasn't a decent one in the area at the time , providing it's been looked after i don't know of any serious problems to be had.

never driven a big 2wd deutz, or a powershift version so i can't comment on them , but i don't see a disc mower giving it any problems  :)

nashmash, you're a good man with an eye for the best, have you ever considered politics.  :)

Marcus, what did you think of the DX120 ? I have a chance to buy one at an auction soon. It has very low hours for its age and I'd love to have one for running our disc-mower. This one is 2 wheel-drive, no 2-speed powershift transmission and looks very nice.

Not considered it yet but you never know!!

As for the one at auction just go ahead and buy it it sounds like too good an opportunity to miss  :)

Thanks for the advice lads. If I can scrape some pennies together, I think I will go and try for it.

Kinda low on funds right now. I bought a baler last weekend. Not a mountain of money ($6000) but it's still hard to find when you don't have any  :)  I got a 1989 New Holland 855 net wrap, they're very hard to find out here. It's in great shape so I'm looking forward to haying season to try 'er out.

Yep, the baler was 6 grand. Lota dosh for summat 25 years old but its got lotsa life in 'er yet and has net wrap which is very hard to find on an 855.

I expect the DX 120 to make something in the $15000 range if no dealers are involved.

FYI. Stuff out here lasts much longer than for you lads in Europe and the UK. Very little rust and less usage on a yearly basis too, I believe.

Now, go ahead and be aghast at how much the old tractor will make........... :)