Zinc pest McCormick.

mf135

BEFORE everyone runs out and sells there collection of models zinc pest does not happen to every model but I do have another UH model with this problem and it’s i guess luck of the draw. If you don’t know what zinc pest it is worth a read of Allantcondie’s UH topic and find out about zinc pest but like I said it not happen to every replica!

I needed the dual wheels off the UH caseih MX170 for something else show you when finished so I removed the wheels from the Zinc Pest Mc Cormick and added them to the now wheel less CaseIH mx so after all the Mc Cormick didn’t die in vain.

909B5A9D-B5E1-492C-97C5-3C8A663851A4.jpeg

A4837342-6204-42CB-AE82-A6D3E3883A9C.jpeg

2B33F713-36E8-432C-A65E-339329FB3578.jpeg

4B39598D-0CF7-4BAE-B3ED-F7765219A8D5.jpeg

3 hours ago, Anderson Agri said:

Im not trying to state the obvious here but i've not encountered this zinc pest and wasn't aware of it until Alan pointed it out. Can you not send them back if they come like that? Be a waste of money if an expensive models just for spares?

this do not happen right away it may take a few years to show. Then it’s to late the only thing you could do is contact the importers. but as I posted it DON’T happen to every model and you may never see one. as Allan pointed out this was from production quite some years back now. 

All the Zinc Pest E27Ns I acquired were second-hand and the sellers didn't know in most cases that the models were faulty till I pointed it out.   They were probably OK when first purchased.  I negotiated a partial refund in all but one case where the seller wanted it returned and I would not play ball as I know that all he would have done was to sell it on again to some unsuspecting buyer.   Despite three letters requesting a partial refund I never got a reply and made sure his reputation on Ebay was duly tarnished.   Most of the examples I had only had one half of the main casting faulty which meant that the whole tractor finished up in a banana shape;  the one mentioned here that the seller would not give a partial refund for had both main castings crazed.  I still have it as a skid unit having used wheels etc. on other projects.   I've had five in total so far;  three were broken for spares as the main castings disintegrated , one was salvageable to cut up to use in the workshop diorama although the engine on that tractor broke up and I had to use one over from a Perkins conversion.   The fourth one is still more or less intact with a careful watch to monitor further disintegration.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived