Reika Modell

robbo

Another minor model producer (I think). I always thought that the Deutz 06 series model that I had was a Ziss ( or Zeiss model) but when I have looked underneath is reads Reika-Modell West Germany. I think that there are a number of slightly different colour variations of this one and they do seem to go for a good price, £60-80 is normal especially for a boxed version.

The model is quite basic with no linkage but the bonnet is quite a good representation of the real thing

Deutz 06 series (1).JPG

Deutz 06 series (2).JPG

Deutz 06 series (3).JPG

Deutz 06 series (4).JPG

I think you are right Andy, I couldn't remember the name of the originals, might be another line for me to collect going forward, trouble is they tend to be expensive for what they are

2 hours ago, Andy said:

We've a few of these Mike. Someone may correct me but I think it is a copy of the Hausser Elastolin issue. 

173_m.jpg

Hi Andy - there are two versions of the Hausser Elastolin Deutz - the second version made late 70s had plastic mudguards all round (mine have broken off the front ) and it came with a ROPS - see holes in rear mudguards.   

Ziss were the first to produce the Deutz from about 1968 to about 1974. Reika then took the same moulds and made the model mid 70s (slightly lighter colour) and then Hausser came along made the Deutz late 70s to about 1980, the more plasticy one being the last version.  

DSC_4120.JPG

Some of them seem to have different coloured engines, some are dark grey like the one I have. TractorDave, yours seem to be a bluish colour, and I have also seen them in light grey. Maybe the different manufacturers over the years changed the colour scheme to suit themselves, here goes yet another model hunt.........................Sean...................David...........I might need your help again :D

3 hours ago, robbo said:

Some of them seem to have different coloured engines, some are dark grey like the one I have. TractorDave, yours seem to be a bluish colour, and I have also seen them in light grey. Maybe the different manufacturers over the years changed the colour scheme to suit themselves, here goes yet another model hunt.........................Sean...................David...........I might need your help again :D

Some more research info for you https://www.facebook.com/60toys/posts/416299678578824

10 hours ago, Tractordave said:

Some more research info for you https://www.facebook.com/60toys/posts/416299678578824

Thanks David.

Hans Sikkema, the author of 60 Toys, will be at Spalding in April. I have to see him about something else so I might just ask if he has any further information

• 2 years later...

Archived