Brochures

Janval

Question

For those who use brochures to build from, are they any helpful (besides providing accurate measurements)? I can't really remember how it was with my old collection, and before I decide on buying a load of ebay I wanted to hear your opinions. They're not expensive if you get a few, but problem is that I always see something else I would like so the total keeps rising :D

8 answers to this question

Whenever possible I like to see the real deal that I am modelling, if for no other reason than to just get a "feel" for the thing. However, I do find brochures invaluable as a reference and I have done a number of builds just from them, the one thing I would say is that you are limited to the level of detail that you can get from pictures, but then of course that depends on how obsessive you are!:D

Same here, but a lot of things are just not possible to see up close. One can always use google and find measures somehow. But in some cases brochures could be helpful, at least how I imagine it. Just wanted some good references firstly, so that I don't end up disappointed!

Well, I went ahead and bought a heap of brochures, I saw that one of the brochures I absolutely wanted the most, a Zetor brochure, was picked up just as I was checking in on ebay.. So then I had a rush and just bought everything I had in mind.. I really shouldn't look at brochures :D 

Archived