Britain’s jcb 3cx wheels

Cheshire Farm Models

Question

Just about to put some paint on the wheels off a 3cx. Can’t see any obvious way of removing them from the axle. And I’m not resorting to brute force yet, the only way I can think of spraying them is to remove the tyres and keep them attached to the axle (the whole Model is the same colour) but again I don’t want to pull at the axle to much as I’ve fitted it to the model. Any help greatly appreciated.

cheers 

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

Sorted it now mate. I actually sorted it shortly  after I posted this :D just removed the tyres carefully ! Gotta make sure the paints rock hard before I squeeze em back on 

You'll probably know this bit if you put them in very hot water they will go a bit more flexible for when you put them back on, or at least most of the tyres I've tried it with do.  

3 hours ago, mb86 said:

9" Grinder? :D

Sorry, I have no sensible suggestion 

That's just foolish and irresponsible advice Martin............. , surely a plasma cutter or the gas bottle would be much better! :D

Just now, 844john said:

That's just foolish and irresponsible advice Martin............. , surely a plasma cutter or the gas bottle would be much better! :D

I had considered them but I thought they might damage the plastic. :D

Archived