Marge claas volto 60 Tedder

ladies and gentleman,here is my review of Marges claas volto 60 tedder,i was going to do this at the weekend,but I could be a granddad any day,so I thought I would do it now,anyway back to the model,it comes in a standard box,or this claas dealer box,but the tedder is held in the both boxes in the same way,it sits on foam and is held in by plastic ties,but they are not overtight and the model came out easily,its quite heavy for a small model,and very well detailed,also in the box in a separate bag comes a rear hitch in the uh/britains style plus very very small u clips and pins and front and rear stands and a ground wheel,,stands fitted easily but the u pins are so small and fiddly I haven't used them,also I couldn't see where all the pins go,so an email to marge and they sent me a couple of pictures,because I know my volto is going on a wiking I have glued some pins in place,the pin supplied for the top link was way to small and wouldn't hold up so with the pin glued that problem no longer exists,there is also a pin for the guide to be in the work position or not to be used,so the tedder doesn't tedd into the hedge,that was not to fiddly a pin,it sits perfectly on the wiking linkage,it does,using the adaptor sit on a uh tractor,but it doesn't sit right,the uh linkage sits to high even when in its set to the down position,also it doesn't look right in the raised position on the uh linkage,the wheels on the tedder don't touch the ground,as for britains rear links,no way,well not on the fastracs linkages and that is the britains latest linkage,wether it will fit britains older rear links I have no idea,also for other makes of tractor I could not say if it  will fit or not,overall its a great model,very well detailed and very accurate and I am very pleased with it,i cant really complain about the small fiddly parts,as if you buy a realistic model this is how they come to enable  a good realistic 3 point mounting,it folds up and down well and stays solid in the up positon,it fits my layout well with me now running smaller kit,i would give it a 9/10,any thing else you want to know just ask

DSC01246.JPG

DSC01252.JPG

marge.jpg

marge 1.jpg

DSC01247.JPG

DSC01248.JPG

56 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

glad you liked the review Wayne,the volto is infact made by Marge models mate

Ha ha sorry, it's been a while since I've had a chance to do much with my models, so I'm starting to slip.. 

56 minutes ago, Fenside MF said:

thanks for reviewing Paul,looks really good as well.

I guess with the U.H adaptor you could scratchbuild one yourself so it fitted better than marges adaptor

thanks Jamie,yes with the adaptor I'm sure you could make one that fits better

Archived