JOHN DEERE 7310R

I bought myself one of the new Wiking JD 7310Rs recently and thought I would share some of my observations with you guys.

In total I would rate this as Wikings best JD todate,  its cab is very good and this is the first tractor model I have owned that has a folding passenger seat and a swivelling driver seat, very impressed!!

Wiking have learned their lesson from the early 6210R and done a decent job of the front headlamps which are very nice and they've also made the front link arms fold all the way up like on the 6125R models.  The rear links are the same as 6210R and they have re instated the slide up and down towbar which I believe was fixed in position on their more recent models.

My only minus points are awarded to the rear wheels,  which are quite simply too big in diameter.  Admittedly the magnetic rear wheel weights are smart and being removable is a nice touch and they've actually painted them as well...…….shock horror!!

But the wheels which im guessing are based on an R34 fronts and a R42 rear are both too big...………………….For example, the 6210R wheel is based on an 710/70 R42 and is 36mm diameter,  my UH Case puma 175 on its original wheels is 35mm so also an R42 rim...………….The 7310R is 41mm diameter!!!!  which works out as being a R50 rim  WTF!!   And the fronts are 29mm compared to  26mm on the R30 6210Rs...………………..Now these would be about right for an R34 which is standard on the JD 8400R model and probably available on some 7310Rs.

Now these rears come with a screw on spindle feature, but the good news is that this spindle comes out easily when the tractor chassis base is removed, all that's required then is a bit of cutting bits out the way and theres a nice hole for putting a more suitable set of wheels and spindle on the rear which is exactly what im doing:D...……………...results coming soon hopefully.

All in all I would give the model 9/10  including the large wheels because most people wont care and will appreciate the removeable weights, however once Ive modified it wheels and added decals and a driver it could just be a 10!!!

P1070010.JPG

P1070011.JPG

P1070012.JPG

P1070017.JPG

P1070015.JPG

Thanks for the review, i'll keep an eye on what you are doing................this model will be my next purchase and i'll be looking to alter the rear wheels too.

11 minutes ago, Barry said:

Thanks for the review, i'll keep an eye on what you are doing................this model will be my next purchase and i'll be looking to alter the rear wheels too.

You could always swap them for a nice aluminium set,ha ha!.:o

https://www.universmini.com/8831-0-0-2-jantes-aluminium-arriere-(jaune)-+-2-pneus-pour-John-Deere-7310R-(Wiking-7837)-46733-J+B-Wiking_2.html

Regards

Joe.

intresting read phil, i certainly wouldnt have noticed the rears sizes being wrong, i do however dislike the rear weights, clever as they are being removable, if i get one i will make a set of these removable, the few real ones i have seen all have these centres on them, weights are a rare sight this way ,may just be me but they also make the standard rears look smaller ??

https://www.universmini.com/detail.php?d=1&back=2&id=8807

• 2 weeks later...

Archived