Marge TW - Wheel replacement

Janval

Question

8 answers to this question

You will have to lever them off Jan Eric, they are fitted on an axle the same as most Uh and britains are but are a very tight fit, I used a pair of blunt wire snippers to attack it from two directions at once which moved it enough to get a good screwdriver in. 

1 minute ago, Tractorman810 said:

will they free up twisting them in opposite directions?? with the tyres removed for grip, i havent removed any marge ones before , but when uh ones are tight like that it normally works 

Tyres come off easily, but the rims were quite hard to get a good grip on. They won't even budge by twisting, barely moving by using plyers and a screw driver. A real test of patience :D Already broken part of the steps.. 

3 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Oh dear, are you able to drill the axle out?

That's my initial idea as well, will try to do it. Would be great to have the opportunity to convert it back if need be sometime. Posted the end results in the workbench thread, not too sure about how it turned out. My biggest issue of course is the steps breaking off. Gonna have a tough time sleeping tonight :unsure:

Archived