Old Britains restoration - What paint?

MDFord

Question

I've just purchased a Britains Fordson Major to restore, it's an early one with separate plastic headlights.

After fixing a couple of broken parts, I think I might give it a repaint, as it's missing paint in several places.

Does anyone have any recommendations for what would be the best paint to resemble the original Britains finish?

6 answers to this question

I don't know about matching the original Britains colour, but Scaledown sell tinlets of the proper Fordson Empire Blue for £2.50

http://www.modeltractorco.net/80400/info.php?p=4&pid=1701987&ack=9

i bought one for the same thing mark, next model on with no orange headlights,orange wheel centers . but missing its steering wheel, and most of its paint, i bought a tin of fordson empire blue of ebay, tested it on a bit of metal sheet and its a good match to the britains blue on my other one,bar looking new as you would expect. will hunt back and see if i can find the seller in my history, 

anyone know where i can get a good white metal copy of the steering wheel by the way, they are way different to any others i have seen

found it 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fordson-Empire-Blue-M10-Tractol-329-Synthetic-Enamel-Tractor-Paint-Aerosol-x-1/370561671844?epid=854387861&hash=item56473262a4:g:G~oAAOSw~otWcoRs

Thanks Gents,

A toss up between aerosol and Humbrol/Revell style tin then, hmmmm...

Usually get my spares from Brian Norman Sean, sure he does steering wheels, would imagine he would have the right "look" to it.

David (Walterderwnt) had a couple of old Britains models restored, I'll see if I can find the topic, if it's still on here, might mention something useful.

Archived