Tractor world show

weblet375

Dying on its arse this show, unfortunately, not enough tractors or machinery, a poor turn out/support. Perhaps it is the timing of it as there were a few other things on the same time/weekend. There must have been as much area taken up by traders as there was by tractors, especially in the large shed.  I went on the Saturday too after going to a spares day elsewhere, a miserable day out at  both events, albeit not helped by the weather. I think the auction dragged in a few people,  didn't look a massive crowd. Sunday I believe was a spares day. 

There where a few interesting items in the auction as per Paul's photo's. I watched someone get out of the AP cabbed Ford, it was a good job they didn't slam the door as I think the cab would have collapsed, it was that rotten/rusty. The Japanese Sato also claimed the attention of my camera, all painted up in DB colours, something different.

8 hours ago, super6 said:

Dying on its arse this show, unfortunately, not enough tractors or machinery, a poor turn out/support. Perhaps it is the timing of it as there were a few other things on the same time/weekend. There must have been as much area taken up by traders as there was by tractors, especially in the large shed.  I went on the Saturday too after going to a spares day elsewhere, a miserable day out at  both events, albeit not helped by the weather. I think the auction dragged in a few people,  didn't look a massive crowd. Sunday I believe was a spares day. 

There where a few interesting items in the auction as per Paul's photo's. I watched someone get out of the AP cabbed Ford, it was a good job they didn't slam the door as I think the cab would have collapsed, it was that rotten/rusty. The Japanese Sato also claimed the attention of my camera, all painted up in DB colours, something different.

Rob Beeton made a similar comment Paul, both himself and Mark Woodward know that there are a lot of good tractors around the local area but many seem not to come and support it,  it's a pity really as the site isn't bad and handy access off the M4, ideal for getting either side of the country

8 hours ago, mb86 said:

Smashing photos Paul, thanks for sharing them with us. I bet your eyes kit up when you saw that rather lovely 100. 

Cheers Martin, like Paul said above that ford wanted it's last rights.... David's 100 is a fantastic restoration, though possibly too well done to use or enjoy in anger.....still a pretty thing..... maybe one day..... after a lottery win hahha

Archived