uh 5610,5713 masseys

Paul Palmer

57 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

will see if i can find it on here Phil,so obviously the  roof is not right on the 5713?

cant find any info,also being out of the loop I am surprised I cannot find the uh 5713 with loader anywhere,except ebay and they are a fortune!!!!!!! anybody know where this convo can be found on here

That one looks a million times better than the original by UH. Hoped they would have learned from their previous mistakes with the 5613, but they haven't ... I still have a scrap model on the bench, waiting for new wheels and some more work to be done.

s-l1600.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:38 PM, alf aphid said:

If you can’t tell, don’t worry and enjoy it. Ignorance is bliss :-) 

:):):),would still like to know though,is it also wheels and tyres?,because I cant see anything else has been changed on Jacks model

Jacks put the wheels and tyres off the MF5480 model on it which are probably more correct than the ones UH has on it...…………………..I think the cab frame and glazing(plastic) on the 5713 is better than the 7726...……………..by that I mean the 7726/ 7626/ 7624  all had those annoying little black dots on the glazing next to the pillars which had the effect of making the pillars look too wide!!   I had considered buying a 7726 and a 5610 or whatever was the cheapest version available and then swapping the cabs over and roofs of course just to see how much better it would look, jacks model proves to me that it would look very good...…………………………….but I will let someone else do the mod as im only into older Masseys presently:D 

Jacks model has a front weight and not the front links that the previous incarnations of the little Massey had Paul.

9 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Jacks put the wheels and tyres off the MF5480 model on it which are probably more correct than the ones UH has on it...…………………..I think the cab frame and glazing(plastic) on the 5713 is better than the 7726...……………..by that I mean the 7726/ 7626/ 7624  all had those annoying little black dots on the glazing next to the pillars which had the effect of making the pillars look too wide!!   I had considered buying a 7726 and a 5610 or whatever was the cheapest version available and then swapping the cabs over and roofs of course just to see how much better it would look, jacks model proves to me that it would look very good...…………………………….but I will let someone else do the mod as im only into older Masseys presently:D 

Jacks model has a front weight and not the front links that the previous incarnations of the little Massey had Paul.

thanks for taking the time to reply Phil and thanks for the info,a lot of work really and expensive as 2 donors needed,its put me off doing it !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for a late reaction, but indeed, those wheels ... and the cab roof, I don't like the overall stand on this model. But I have already found why those rear wheels are put so far out, if you ever get the chance, pull off the rear wheels and take a look at the miserable way UH fitted the cab to the fenders. :D Nothing my Dremel couldn't fix.

They have some sort of lips sticking through the mudguards holding the cab in place, and also managed to put a screw in too .... I have only cut it off on one side off my project tractor (I know ....) so I should be able to post a picture.

20 hours ago, Hajo said:

They have some sort of lips sticking through the mudguards holding the cab in place, and also managed to put a screw in too .... I have only cut it off on one side off my project tractor (I know ....) so I should be able to post a picture.

would be nice to see Hajo,thankyou

360.jpg

This is actually a 5430, but I think the 5613 and 5713 will have the same mountings for the cab under the fenders. That would explain why the wheels on these models are so far out and larger wheels can only be fitted if these mountings are cut off.

9 hours ago, Hajo said:

360.jpg

This is actually a 5430, but I think the 5613 and 5713 will have the same mountings for the cab under the fenders. That would explain why the wheels on these models are so far out and larger wheels can only be fitted if these mountings are cut off.

thankyou Hajo,very useful

Archived