Umbilical Pipe

Laois 1:32

Question

On 11/4/2008 at 9:18 PM, intey 434said:

i used a manhole riser for mine. works well but doesnt take the paint too well :-[:-[

Do the manhole riser rubber seals look alright as pipe? We were doing a drainage job here and I've ended up with about 10 of them. I'm considering making an umbilical system but I've just to find something for the pipe.

Any advice appreciated. 

N.

(Sorry I previously posted this in wrong topic)

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, 0025 said:

The best stuff would be electrical wire sleeving, that's pretty realistic. 

I thought of that, I'm just worried that it might not lay flat on the floor, it could just curl up. 

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.   

17 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Thanks Joe.  Had a look at that and when I scrolled down the diameter list, at the bottom there was 5.1 o/d 2.8 I/d. But is the umbilical pipe not more smooth?

I know where you're coming from with regard to that conduit,  it would do as a fill pipe for a slurry tanker. However,  I feel it's not quite right for my application. 

Thanks for your advice,

N.

Screenshot_2019-01-12-20-03-27.png

4 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Thanks for that Joe. Yep, those would do fine. They'll be good because they can lay flat and then if i push something through them they'll look like a full pipe.

At least i know where to get the stuff if i ever get around to the umbilical system-busy at the moment with a spud planter.  

Thanks again

N. 

1 minute ago, catkom3 said:

It would do, only I wouldn't be able to take it out again. I was thinking that I could reel it up flat then put a piece of wire or something up it to make it look full when they're pumping slurry through it and then take the wire out when they're done. 

I also had a brainwave that I could use old shoe laces because there's two parts to them so I could use the sleeve part instead of getting that other electrical sleeving. Only if I can find some old shoe laces.....

Thanks

N. 

Archived