• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:15 PM, Fang said:

Excellent models.  What resin do you use as it seems to cast quite a thin section?

Hi Andy, sorry for the late reply. Thank you! I use a fast cast resin to get parts cured and ready for assembly quickly. The thin sections are a challenge and it really doesn't have anything to do with the resin, more about how you pour it into the mould and how to disperse any air bubbles. Thin sections are filled first when the resin is at it's easiest to pour. I try to use open one part moulds as much as possible and stretch the mould open to let the resin flow into it. It's all a bit trial and error to be honest.

• tabmodels changed the title to County 1184 / tabmodels
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Fantastic models, County's 1184 has to be one of my all time favourite tractors. I would love one in my collection. May i ask is the 1184 bonnet conversion that attaches to a UH 1174 still available. I noticed them for sale on ebay a while back but i cannot seem to find them anymore. I have a spare 1174 that i could convert. 

8 hours ago, Steve P said:

Fantastic models, County's 1184 has to be one of my all time favourite tractors. I would love one in my collection. May i ask is the 1184 bonnet conversion that attaches to a UH 1174 still available. I noticed them for sale on ebay a while back but i cannot seem to find them anymore. I have a spare 1174 that i could convert. 

Ian still does them as I had one a couple months since, if you message him on Facebook you’ll get a quicker response as he dosent visit the forum often 

9 hours ago, FendtFarmer said:

Ian still does them as I had one a couple months since, if you message him on Facebook you’ll get a quicker response as he dosent visit the forum often 

Many thanks.