Original timber sided Marshall Trailers (60s/70s era)

and2go

Question

This might be one of those controversial subjects relating to colour.

Does anyone know what the original colour of the metal work used on the old timber side Marshall trailers was? roughly 60s/70era.

I have folk saying Orange, photos of one on the internet that are red, and photos of one that is pinky red due to the years of fading. Allegedly these weren't the same colour of red as today.

I don't want paint anything until I can get some sort of consensus.

4 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, and2go said:

This might be one of those controversial subjects relating to colour.

Does anyone know what the original colour of the metal work used on the old timber side Marshall trailers was? roughly 60s/70era.

I have folk saying Orange, photos of one on the internet that are red, and photos of one that is pinky red due to the years of fading. Allegedly these weren't the same colour of red as today.

I don't want paint anything until I can get some sort of consensus.

I'll take a paint scraping off the chassis & see what we've got underneath the fading, if anything! Could be a couple of days.20190617_090839.thumb.jpg.8951e742e2842609805a7a7e743d576a.jpg

23 hours ago, Awdmac said:

I'll take a paint scraping off the chassis & see what we've got underneath the fading, if anything! Could be a couple of days.20190617_090839.thumb.jpg.8951e742e2842609805a7a7e743d576a.jpg

Thanks for the offer, but don't go damaging an antique:huh: on my account. This was more on chance if someone knew off hand.

19 hours ago, and2go said:

Thanks for the offer, but don't go damaging an antique:huh: on my account. This was more on chance if someone knew off hand.

No worries, suppose it would be a shame to ruin the patina.:lol:

Archived