Wiking and U.H rear linkage size?

Fenside MF

Question

Hello all,

I have bought some artisan rear linkages,I have built up two of the modern types and fitted them stupidly ,but I am know thinking the arm spacing looks a bit narrow, so could I trouble someone to measure the width between the rear link arms on a modern wiking tractor for me please? I have set my linkages at about 24mm and I don't have a wiking to compare for size.

Then the other problem tractor is could anyone measure the width between the link arms on either a U.H ford 5000 or massey 135 1/32 scale please as I have bought the artisan linkage for older tractors and haven't got those to compare to either.

Thanks in advance James.

2 answers to this question

Morning James. The Wiking linkage is 26mm, with a mm or so movement either way, the UH 135 sits at about 17mm but is very flexible and will comfortably open up to about 23mm without damaging the linkage. I don't have a 5000 handy to measure, but I would imagine it would be somewhere similar.

4 hours ago, 844john said:

Morning James. The Wiking linkage is 26mm, with a mm or so movement either way, the UH 135 sits at about 17mm but is very flexible and will comfortably open up to about 23mm without damaging the linkage. I don't have a 5000 handy to measure, but I would imagine it would be somewhere similar.

Thankyou for measuring them for me John, I can try and crack on with them now!

I have had to alter the wiking style ones so they would work and stay up better,just need a decent looking tow hook for them, no idea other than a small d.i.y hook probably

Archived