UH County Wheel Swap??

Ferret90

Question

Finally got round to buying a UH 1174. Really chuffed with it apart from the Nasty wheels and tires:wacko:  I personally have no idea about county’s but I’m thinking of swapping the wheels for some off a ROS 5640? They seem to slot over the core of the hub quite nicely on the front but not sure how to attach them? Maybe so they can turn? Haven’t attempted to look at the rears as I’m not sure how they are attached. Just wondering what is the best way of going about it without ruining a 50 quid model :)  cheers 

0F07C0BB-A5CA-4487-8C59-373DF65BFBCE.thumb.jpeg.37651def428e36d099ec40762c5205d8.jpegA2F3CADE-F947-46CF-804D-46295895BF1F.thumb.jpeg.bf385b4587607349f081eb45dc6b4c57.jpeg4B0D07F2-3C4B-4D0C-9E09-4EC6D3A7462F.thumb.png.bdcb8f0569cc471cf0ba5a52bbbfe23c.png

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

You could get rims from Tab models maybe ..or the  Sankey 34" rims used on the later Britains Ford 5000 & 6600 would also do.

Thanks for your suggestions mate , luckily I already have two sets of the 40 series wheels so it’s just a question of trying to fit them   I have thought about the Sankeys but I don’t have many to spare so I’d be better using what I’ve got for now :) 

2 hours ago, Janval said:

I assume the rear ones are simply sat on a single rod. The fronts had screws right? Would need some work on the wheels if so, and hubs. 

Yes front ones are screwed on but the rears must have a single rod, there aren’t any screws under the caps. That should be the easier part :) 

1 hour ago, Ferret90 said:

Yes front ones are screwed on but the rears must have a single rod, there aren’t any screws under the caps. That should be the easier part :) 

That's what I thought. First thing that comes to mind is drilling a hole for the screw (sink it in) and fit a painted hub. Dunno uf that's the best option tho

15 hours ago, Janval said:

That's what I thought. First thing that comes to mind is drilling a hole for the screw (sink it in) and fit a painted hub. Dunno uf that's the best option tho

That gave me an idea ! I put a dab Or glue on end of a screw and put it into the hub of the wheel and put a sort of thick washer over it. Then screwed it in until the glue didn’t hold it but it was screwed in so it still turns    A little hard to explain :lol:  the rears were easier than I thought to get off, I was twisting them but they just need pulling apart. Then the other ones went on perfect :D cheers everyone...

A51780DD-86D7-4609-B70E-CC4CEDB9852E.thumb.jpeg.459861ce384050093834dbf03a45a441.jpeg

Reminds me of a county that a farmer owned in our village when I was very young back mid 90's,  I think I will get one after seeing that!

They had a Tw-35 too, not bad for dairy farmers. I cannot remember the third tractor they had

17 hours ago, pete132 said:

Reminds me of a county that a farmer owned in our village when I was very young back mid 90's,  I think I will get one after seeing that!

They had a Tw-35 too, not bad for dairy farmers. I cannot remember the third tractor they had

Pretty rare now! Yes, it’s a lovely model 

Archived