For The Truckers (New Daf XF)

The one next to it may well be MJB's mate I think. He drives an XF S/S/Cab for M.Way anyway. The new XF105 is a bit of an eyecatcher with those lights in the top corners, bet you got lost in the cab too mate. They are huuuuuuuge arn't they?!!!!

luke ,did you see the big scania with a suction chassi on it,owned by clearfolw down this way,has some new deep level suction pump on it,,sods are worth a fortune as they have the contract to clean out our boxes,at 600 quid a go,?? now wonders they can afford a new rig like that every few months eh

Theres a fleet of the orange DAF's not that there orange though down here all white (05-06 reg), but used to shift all the results of a local sewage works well a couple actually, and a load of 8 wheel rigids DAF's run by a local haulage company with a range of bodies make a lovelly sound up one of our few hills, i should learn more about lorrys  :D :D :D

luke ,did you see the big scania with a suction chassi on it,owned by clearfolw down this way,has some new deep level suction pump on it,,sods are worth a fortune as they have the contract to clean out our boxes,at 600 quid a go,?? now wonders they can afford a new rig like that every few months eh

BALE have a few 6 wheeler rigids used for this Sean, couple of Scania's and a couple of Volvo's and I know when they are fully kitted out they are ?200,000 a pop!!

i can imagine mate,this was a big old 8 ridged chassis one,will have to get a pick if it turns up for me sometime at work,,boys are earning to much if you ak me,600 quid for a small box 1000 plus for manholes,and they have 15 rigs outt down here just for our work

Waste removal of any type carries a hefty price tag coz it is crucial to have it done with the red tape and laws around the enviromental issues. Also, CCTV drain survey's aswell - has to be done for any development of any size before the water boards will except them into their systems so again - lot's of money involved!!

Is it just me or do those roof lights look crap ::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)

It's just you!!! Lexus lights mate, they are all the rage!!! I havn't made my mind up, it's a big old panel to leave totally blank but I am not sure if those lights are what is needed to add some pizzaz to it.

Pizzaz, do people still say that?!!

There'll be no 'pizzaz' on my new Scania when it comes on July the 1st :o :o :o

Nearest i'll get to 'pizzaz' is pizza on the seats and carpet ;D ;D ;D ;D

On a serious note though whats the idea of the big girder under your bumper if you opt for a steel bumper on a scania now ??? ??? ???

VOSA/ D of E speculate it as the gap between the bumper and the ground is too much. Poses a danger for pedestrians and other road users apparantly. If you gonna get hit by a truck, your gonna know about it either way pretty quickly whether you end up underneath it or not in my opinion!!!

Was that the blue chassis'd Scanny with yellow tank? If so it didn't half look smart  :) I met the rest of the family back at that one at 2 Oclock for dinner  :D

Was that the blue chassis'd Scanny with yellow tank? If so it didn't half look smart  :) I met the rest of the family back at that one at 2 Oclock for dinner  :D

thast the one,blue and yellow with bubbles on the cab door,well smart bit of kit ,wait till she comes out to clean a box for us,i'll get a few pics of her for the truckers on here

I can see the point but it is just daft that 'the law' requires it. Counting down the days now then Paul or what?

Counting down the day's :D :D :D

I must be back in the yard at 4pm tomorrow as the dealer is bringing it up to hand it over to me :o :o :o

I don't think we're putting it on the road untill the 1st of July though,so we can fit the beacons,worklamps and toolboxes etc ;) ;) ;)

Pics are a must of course - you should do some as soon as it arrives and then a few as it gets the little bits and pieces added. I may be on for a trip to Scotland to pick up a Deere 955 combine for a mate in a week or two. Depends whther it will earn more than four days crane work though.

Pics are a must of course - you should do some as soon as it arrives and then a few as it gets the little bits and pieces added. I may be on for a trip to Scotland to pick up a Deere 955 combine for a mate in a week or two. Depends whther it will earn more than four days crane work though.

Take a look here Tris, think you may have missed them  :D;)

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=7618.15