1/16 7600 with Q cab

Brendan

Morning everyone, I've been a member for while but haven't posted anything before. Thought I'd share some images of a conversion UH 1/16 Ford 7600 with Q Cab that I've been working on for a while. Took quite a few goes to get the shape and dimensions right but got there in the end (3d printed and scratch built steps). Just need to find some decent wheels and tyres (like DPB) to finish them off.

20190712_183928.jpg

20200220_224938.jpg

20200426_200907.jpg

20200426_201017.jpg

Morning Martin and thank you. I had a friend print them for me. He's a CAD designer and said it was one of the most difficult shapes to produce because of the curves. We scanned a UH 1/32 cab and floor pan and basically doubled the size then printed. It still took a lot of manual tweaking of the design to get it right. I have emailed UH a couple of times over the years and suggested they do a Q Cab but I get the impression they're not very interested in the 1/16 tractor range any more. 

2 hours ago, Brendan said:

Morning Martin and thank you. I had a friend print them for me. He's a CAD designer and said it was one of the most difficult shapes to produce because of the curves. We scanned a UH 1/32 cab and floor pan and basically doubled the size then printed. It still took a lot of manual tweaking of the design to get it right. I have emailed UH a couple of times over the years and suggested they do a Q Cab but I get the impression they're not very interested in the 1/16 tractor range any more. 

You should get a few printed off to sell , I know two lads who would like these , paul Whitehead aka the valley axe man is one I’m sure . 

Archived