Blue Zetors

CX820Joe

Joe, I believe that some of the tractors for the home market in Russia were blue as standard and that the export versions were red but I stand to be corrected on that

I think you're right on this. The blue, yellow or even blue/red combo are most common in Eastern Europe. Haven't seen any other than red in Norway, however I know the blue ones exist up here as well in very low numbers. A quick search at the register number database show at least a handfull of 2011 and 3011's in blue, which would make it the late 60's / early 70s models. Never seen any other than red in the flesh though.

Edit: Zetor was actually the biggest seller in Norway for a period of time in the 80s - early 90s due to the affordability. We used to have one ourself (a 6245) our neighbour had two. So the make itself was very common and popular. Since then it's been heavily reduced though, barely noticeable on the sales statistics anymore. Plenty of old ones running still.

Archived