The peculiar world of 3D printing. Printers and CAD in a world of Craft Knifes and Pencils.

Stabliofarmer

Question

I might as well start the topic I've spoken about in the purchases topic. If admin want to do the fancy thing where they move posts to different threads then I think what was discussed in the purchases topic would make a nice start to this one. 

Anyhow, in the mean time... 

Printer 

IMG_20211002_131925.thumb.jpg.445d26d1fc0bdbaca3ad02fd048879ef.jpg

Printing

IMG_20211005_201909.thumb.jpg.7cc219b6dae78946e380b9e8557cdbf2.jpg

IMG_20211005_201926.thumb.jpg.37cfcacded27e209d565d28bf16874ca.jpg

Printed wheels

IMG_20211005_212320.thumb.jpg.a19bc19734212eea16f6df87a7ef5cb1.jpg

Edited by Stabliofarmer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Amazon sells lots of resin, search for '405 UV resin'. I but mine from there but generally stick to grey as I find I get better results than with the coloured stuff. 

I'll need to try some calibration files at some point, My really big problem right now is this Geeetech Alkaid only recognises .ctb files, even sliceing .stl files and saving them as .ctb files it wont print them,??? Wrong resolution apparently, Anyhoo, I tried reprinting that dragon again, Turns out there was a screen saver over the LCD's but there was a felt pen mark on that, Guess that created a weaknest in the first layer causing the first print to fail.

Regards

Joe.

Dragon 3.JPG

Dragon 4.JPG

Just spotted these on farmmodels nl, No doubt printed in Resin, A fully functioning cup and ball tow hitch so you can actually stick one of the minute pins in and lock the hitch, you'll notice all the hydraulic connections are fully replicated as well, as is the coupleing for the closed circuit hydraulic steering for any trailer with that set up.

https://www.farmmodels.nl/Ondertrekhaak-DELUXE-met-werkende-KIPPERKNOBBEL-2x-stuurstang-aansluiting,-JD-7R-GROEN-GELE-PAL,-geleverd-met-Deluxe-pinnenset-en-trekhaak-1:32

Regards

Joe.

HS 3D 1.jpg

HS 3D 2.jpg

HS 3D 3.jpg

HS 3D 4.jpg

Edited by James Joe Dewar
  • Like 5

been really busy lately ,at work and at home , but despite having a good 15 odd trailer kits printed i have not actually used the printer itself for a good 4 months, so yesterday i decided to solve that and bought this file ,done half last night, and the rest is on print at the min,1983 toyota hilux ,its not hugely detailed, but that can be sorted ,but its printed really well, given its not been used for a good while

IMG_3665.jpeg

IMG_3664.jpeg

• Like 8

On 8/19/2024 at 6:33 PM, Tractorman810 said:

been really busy lately ,at work and at home , but despite having a good 15 odd trailer kits printed i have not actually used the printer itself for a good 4 months, so yesterday i decided to solve that and bought this file ,done half last night, and the rest is on print at the min,1983 toyota hilux ,its not hugely detailed, but that can be sorted ,but its printed really well, given its not been used for a good while

IMG_3665.jpeg

IMG_3664.jpeg

Where did you get the file from?

57 minutes ago, James Joe Dewar said:

Nice bit of printing Harry, I gues you did several seperate prints, And the tyres and wheels individually, Much as I like the print quality of my resin printer, I still prefer the softer filament for tyres.

Regards

Joe.

The tyres are cast rubber from artisan 32. I’m fit to print all the parts individually but together in one single print 

On 9/6/2024 at 11:39 AM, Jd6320driver said:

Where did you get the file from?

sorry hugh, only just see the reply, cults3d, the red ones the kit, i have then altered/ remade some bits axels for instance, for it to allow bigger 4x4 tyres ,new interior seat, added the nudge bar and roll bar  .its close enough scale wise against the 1200 .although i may reduce it slightly ?? 

IMG_3680.jpeg

IMG_3681.jpeg

• Like 3