Some people on here might know that in a previous incarnation I was in the Police so I do still keep an eye on the comings and goings of my local force, Cheshire, especially their rural crime team. Recently they have had some success and circulated some alleged offenders as wanted after thefts of tractor GPS systems, the offenders were later arrested in Suffolk. However, they have now added the following post on social media showing that these types of theft are still ongoing. If you see of hear anything suspicious then please let your local force know, if for some reason you do not want to speak to the Police directly then let me know and I will pass it on.

ALERT: GPS Thefts
Unfortunately after all the work the team and other forces have done to apprehend one of the suspects for the GPS thefts, there has been a theft of more GPS systems here in Cheshire.
Overnight in the Clotton area of Cheshire a farm was targeted. Officers have been out to the scene and the investigation has begun. Sadly this shows, as we have mentioned on our previous posts, that there is more than one group out stealing these items, so everyone must remain vigilant.
Previously we have conducted warrants in Merseyside and the latest arrest was from down South.
We are doing all we can to prevent and detect these crimes but sometimes it can take time to find those responsible. We need your help.
Think about security, make it as difficult as you can by layering your security which not only prevents items being taken but assists in them being seen.
Please report suspicious activity via our on-line form, 101, or speak to your local PSCO at their surgeries if you have any concerns.
If it's a crime happening there and then it's 999
PC Marson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GPS stuff is being stolen every week all over the UK and being shipped abroad , i think the newer ones can be blocked if stolen allow i suspect like mobile phones they can be hacked ,the old ones cant be blocked but they can track them once they are connected up to the satellites and they are all in country's abroad and the insurance company's dont go after them ,one dealer down this way lost 15 domes of the roof and i think it was 10 in cab screens one night last year .     

Last October.I was working on a tractor in a open front shed,the farm yard is next to a busy ish road.when car pulled up pass the yard entrance.out got two guys with balaclavas on ,came into yard towards work shop,I came out from shed and ask what’s going on then,they said they  were lookin for some bloke story,any way I wasn’t the bloke they where lookin for and off they went.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, dave the farmer said:

Last October.I was working on a tractor in a open front shed,the farm yard is next to a busy ish road.when car pulled up pass the yard entrance.out got two guys with balaclavas on ,came into yard towards work shop,I came out from shed and ask what’s going on then,they said they  were lookin for some bloke story,any way I wasn’t the bloke they where lookin for and off they went.

These aren't the droids you are looking for Obiwankinobi 😁😁

• 1 month later...

Another update relating to GPS thefts from tractors as a male from the Great Yarmouth area was jailed for 2 1/2 years at Chester Crown Court

https://www.cheshire.police.uk/news/cheshire/news/articles/2022/3/man-who-stole-high-valued-gps-navigation-systems-from-tractors-is-jailed/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

• Like 1