Tyre Size Calculator - 1:32

Stabliofarmer

Question

Not sure if this will work with uploading an excel file but we'll give it a go.

I notice the Agriscale 'Banden Calcualtor' Tyre Calculator has dropped off line again. https://agriscale.nl/banden_calculator/

I use this tool quite alot when starting out a build as you can often find a tyre size on line and once a size has been determined much of the remainder of a build can be scaled from the tyres.

I have therefore done abit of reading into tyre sizes and drawn up a spreadsheet to do the calcs, there's a side for modern radial measurements such as 215/75 R17.5 and a side for older cross plys like 12.00-36. At the moment the cross ply formula uses an aspect ratio of 80% although some sources suggest a cross ply is 100% aspect ratio unless stated, this can easily be changed by swapping 0.8 for 1 in the cell J12. It also gives you the real overall dimensions (so you can use the data for other scales) and 1:32 scaled dimensions. Hopefully this is of use to a few others, unfortunately I'm not dedicated enough to draw up a database of model tyres off the shelf like Agribanden did but in the modern world of 3D printing you can get the exact tyre you need made at relatively little cost, something you would only dream of in 2008 when Agriscale started their calculator.

Tyre Size Calculator 1_32.xlsx

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Works fine for me James, I use Open Office as I rarely do any spread sheet or related Word type work, Open Office available free in link below,

https://www.officesuite.com/en/download-pc/?referrer=premium-edit-tst-uk

That will be very handy as I sometimes question the results returned by Agriscale, And like you say the World is very different now since 2008,

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

I would still question the results Joe as I suspect I'm using the exact same formulas as Agriscale. So there will be some deviation in tyre width as realistically it's returning rim width and particularly with cross ply tyres I haven't delved deep enough to definitively answer whether 80%, 100% or another number is correct typically for an aspect ratio, so there will be deviation in overall diameter.

• Like 1