Rare and Desirable Britains

On 5/6/2023 at 4:08 PM, ericalee said:

You are right about them being cheap (the coloured models) when first put on sale and there are plenty about without the holes.

It's specifically the ones with the holes for a roll bar that I'm asking about

9524 ford 6600 was deleted end of 1981

9420 Green or Brown  6600 was released in 1982. Green version shown in '82 catalogue and Brown version in '83 catalogue for same part number, presumably shared. I think earlier versions, probably pre '85, have solid/filled in rear wheels, later versions where open/slotted as per the Ford 6600 model with scraper/roll bar

9516 Ford 6600 with roll bar and yard scraper released in 1985

All were deleted end of 1985 and replaced by the MF 595 versions, of either cheap tractor or with roll bar and yard scraper, in 1986 with new catalogue numbers before being deleted end of 1988.

The green and brown 6600 would only have been available for 1985 with roll bar attachment holes, so correspondingly less common. 

JMD on here has a boxed sample copy of one of these, less holes I believe. there are pictures on here somewhere

13 minutes ago, super6 said:

9524 ford 6600 was deleted end of 1981

9420 Green or Brown  6600 was released in 1982. Green version shown in '82 catalogue and Brown version in '83 catalogue for same part number, presumably shared. I think earlier versions, probably pre '85, have solid/filled in rear wheels, later versions where open/slotted as per the Ford 6600 model with scraper/roll bar

9516 Ford 6600 with roll bar and yard scraper released in 1985

All were deleted end of 1985 and replaced by the MF 595 versions, of either cheap tractor or with roll bar and yard scraper, in 1986 with new catalogue numbers before being deleted end of 1988.

The green and brown 6600 would only have been available for 1985 with roll bar attachment holes, so correspondingly less common. 

JMD on here has a boxed sample copy of one of these, less holes I believe. there are pictures on here somewhere

Thank you, that was very informative.

So I assume the green 6600 with holes for a roll bar might not be rare but is unusual

9 hours ago, ericalee said:

Thank you, that was very informative.

So I assume the green 6600 with holes for a roll bar might not be rare but is unusual

No worries

I wouldn't call it rare, others might, more a variation in my humble opinion

Edited by super6

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everybody, I'm new in this forum. It's very interesting. I bought this item few years ago for some euros. I saw a red version in a catalogue but i don't know if it really exists. The attachement has been modified for sure. Thanks for your opinion.

9553 - Disc Harrow Red - Converted.JPG

looks scratch built to me, the wheels and prob the axel mount are britains . the axel mounts look like the log trailer ones to me but old school wheels fitted . only britains one i know of for a header was a recent more modern one .