Majors

Cropmaster

Which of the following Fordson Majors is your favourite?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Fordson Majors is your favourite?

• E27N
    • Major E1A
    • Power Major
    • Super Major
    • New Performance Super Major

Hey guys,

My favourite Fordson Major model would probably be the E1A, although I  prefer the scalloped rear wheels found on the later Power Major. I put a pair of these on my own E1A to have the best of both worlds! What about you guys? ;D ;D ;)

I think it was the fact it was used for scraping behind the pig farrowing sheds, normally done early on a Saturday morning to upset the neighbours of the farm..... along with my stomach!  ::)

:)After driving a variety of different vintage tractors, I found that Fordson Majors are not as nice to drive as Fergusons, David Browns or Nuffields. Nuffields' gears are smooth changing and their transmissions are almost silent! Unfortunately the same cannot be said of the Fordson Major tractors. However, Majors look nicer than Nuffields with their blue and orange livery and attractive tinwork! The easily maneuverable Ferguson TE20 is probably the nicest vintage tractor to drive ;):D:)

F00kin Ferguson's - nothing only balls of scrap  ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D

:D :D :D :D

I've really taken to you nashmach  ;) ;)

But even I must admit that the littel grey fergie we had on the farm was a lot nicer to drive than our super & power majors but it didn't stop me loving them  ;)