Venton and Gnatham farms

As i have moved house my area for layouts has shrunk so P&A farms is finished and i will be doing the layout of where my uncle used to work. I think Venton was the first layout/ dio i ever did and posted on here. I will attempt to copy what they had at the 2 farms when i was a kid to up to now, probably will be some gaps in that time period, Venton is at Crapstone in Devon and Gnatham is a rented farm at Walkhampton,also in Devon, when i was a kid the Venton farm was on the left hand side of the road heading towards Buckland Abbey and the opposite side was a farm i used to visit as well, and that farm place barton ran masseys, so i will still be able to include my 100, 500 and 300 Fergys, funnily now place barton is ran by the farmer who owns and rents Venton and Gnatham, they allways ran ford tractors and now run 4 new holland tractors, so starting today i have painted the base dulux concrete grey 2 coats

IMG_6467.jpeg

IMG_6468.jpeg

IMG_6470.jpeg

Edited by Paul Palmer
Spelling
  • Like 7

The farm had south Devon cattle and grew spring and winter barley, and grass which was used for hay,all grown for the cattle, all the wheat was broadcast with a vicon mounted spreader, land was ploughed, cultivated harrowed after the seed was sown with the vicon and then rolled, everything done was all in house, the 8070 combine is still used today, they used to run a volvo combine for years which was replaced by the 8070,from 1982 onwards small bales were replaced with a round baler now it is all silage round bales with again everything in house except for grass raking which is done by contractors

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started putting up background scenery,put cardboard at the rear of the sheds, as i dont want doors on the back of them, then background scenery stuck to 3mm hardboard with pva,just got to paint the back of the sheds all one colour

IMG_6733.jpeg

IMG_6734.jpeg

Edited by Paul Palmer
Spelling
  • Like 4

Looking good there so far Paul, No idea if these might of interest you but fammodels nl have started stocking these nice back drops, 700mm x 3600mm, they are pricey at  €79.99 but should be available through Mandy at Hollylovestoys,

https://www.farmmodels.nl/website/index.php?Show=Search&KeyWord=Landschap poster #filter:dcfdf7f77926842a3c77b28914222b03

Regards

Joe.

1 hour ago, James Joe Dewar said:

Looking good there so far Paul, No idea if these might of interest you but fammodels nl have started stocking these nice back drops, 700mm x 3600mm, they are pricey at  €79.99 but should be available through Mandy at Hollylovestoys,

https://www.farmmodels.nl/website/index.php?Show=Search&KeyWord=Landschap poster #filter:dcfdf7f77926842a3c77b28914222b03

Regards

Joe.

Thanks Joe,appreciated,but to steep a price for me

• Like 1

I hope your tractor driver will be wearing his brown trousers when he tries to get the muck spreader through that narrow gap without it plummeting down onto the kitchen floor😄......................................have to say I like the other layout with the Fords.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

I hope your tractor driver will be wearing his brown trousers when he tries to get the muck spreader through that narrow gap without it plummeting down onto the kitchen floor😄......................................have to say I like the other layout with the Fords.

😂😂limitation of space Phil im afraid

• Like 1

Well you certainly can bring a piece level with the base partially over the top of the drawer, so that you can still get to its contents. This would allow your driver to pull the muck spreader over it without the risk of a disaster😁.........................I would do that and then perhaps cover both worktops with 4mm hardboard or ply so that it hides the joints underneath.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Had a rethink and this is what i came up with, no adding an extra piece of wood to the base as it would have slightly covered the top drawer of my desk so i just made the shed a bit smaller depth wise, just need a bit more hedging to go in and a gate or possibly 2 gates, its still not ideal put thats the space i have and i want to keep the desk clear

IMG_6810.jpeg

IMG_6814.jpeg

IMG_6813.jpeg

IMG_6812.jpeg

IMG_6816.jpeg

IMG_6815.jpeg

Edited by Paul Palmer
Extra pictures added
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

would you ask the JCB driver just to crowd the tine back a bit please Paul , would be a shame for the bag to slide of the tines and into the spreader in one lump   .🤨

Its funny that even tho its a diorama I will worry about that all day 😁

• Haha 3