JD 3350/3650 Bonnet removal

Pete132

Question

13 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Pete132 said:

Before I get the sledge out, what way does that bloody bonnet come off, Im pulling and prising the bonnet from the engine block but its not giving!

I've always been a fan of using a sledge on John Deere's. 😂

3 hours ago, Jack390 said:

Some models need their cab removing first, like most of the uh tractors. Don’t know if that’s the case for this one. 

There is no budge in the cab at all, I thought that might have been the method too but no go 😕

3 hours ago, Pete132 said:

There is no budge in the cab at all, I thought that might have been the method too but no go 😕

There might be screws to undo Pete, i took one off but cant remember how i did it, which is no help to you, might be a case of removing the wheels, i seem to remember screws behind them

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

The cab definately comes off as i put a driver in the cab

IMG_6545.jpeg

I have the wheels off, front axle off and twisted the rear linkage to slightly prise apart the chassis to allow me undo the small screw into the bottom of the cab which only let off the seat? 

3 minutes ago, Pete132 said:

I have the wheels off, front axle off and twisted the rear linkage to slightly prise apart the chassis to allow me undo the small screw into the bottom of the cab which only let off the seat? 

No screws behind the wheels?

I have won this battle, I increased the brute force and it popped off. A tiny piece gave and it went flying. I have not found it yet but cab looks to be intact.

So yea if anyone else is wondering, pull past the point where you think it might break and off she comes!

• Like 3