Wiking John Deere 6r185 build

This is one of my latest builds using a new wiking 6r250, a Britains 6r185 and some other wiking parts. Model includes full respray, realistic lights, smaller tyres, modified steps and much more. I’ve a few photos of the build progress if anyone would be interested to see also 

IMG_4192.jpeg

IMG_4191.jpeg

IMG_4194.jpeg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pete132 said:

That’s looking great.

Do stick up some photos of the process, always good to see peoples work

Thanks Pete! Much appreciated I’ve added some photos of the build and the mock up before painting. Thanks 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Liam Wardle said:

I’ll have to give some of that a go! Masking off has to be the worst bit of about painting for me. Thanks for that 

No problem Liam, it is handy stuff, you can apply it with a paint brush so you can get pretty fine detail, fiddly, but you get into the hang of it eventually,

Regards

Joe.

23 hours ago, James Joe Dewar said:

No problem Liam, it is handy stuff, you can apply it with a paint brush so you can get pretty fine detail, fiddly, but you get into the hang of it eventually,

Regards

Joe.

Thanks Joe I’ll definitely give some a go!

might have a practice on a few bits first to get the hang of it. Thanks again 

On 2/17/2024 at 11:59 PM, Liam Wardle said:

Thanks much appreciated I’ll add a few photos here. If I come across more I’ll add them later 

thanks for the progress photos.  Are the wheels from the Wiking JD 6930.  

• Like 1

That's very good Liam, nice to see you have modified the wiking bonnet to incorporate the decently detailed britains 185 version.  Other peoples earlier built 185s didn't have the benefit of the Britains model for use in converting and they just stuck 185 decals on the old 6210R bonnet which doesn't look right.

The way you have done it is also difficult and requires nerve and skill as these models are not cheap if you mess it up!!

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2024 at 5:06 AM, sipher172 said:

thanks for the progress photos.  Are the wheels from the Wiking JD 6930.  

They are the r series rim with 30 series tyres mounted to them. Hopefully get some more accurate rims for it soon

On 2/19/2024 at 7:11 AM, phil phoenix said:

That's very good Liam, nice to see you have modified the wiking bonnet to incorporate the decently detailed britains 185 version.  Other peoples earlier built 185s didn't have the benefit of the Britains model for use in converting and they just stuck 185 decals on the old 6210R bonnet which doesn't look right.

The way you have done it is also difficult and requires nerve and skill as these models are not cheap if you mess it up!!

Thanks Phil! Much appreciated. Definitely took some nerve to cut up the 250 bonnet. Wasn’t much room for error. Thankfully came out well, safe to say I’m happy with how it came out anyway 

• Like 1