Knudson 4400 Hillside tractor

I joined FTF in 2006, specifically to ask if anyone knew anything about this tractor never dreaming that 18 years later I would be able to create this unique tractor here in my  house, ??, The Knudson pronounced Ki Nude Son, Originally produced by a young farmer called Jerome Knudson from Crosby North Dakpta, His machines were a terrible shade of dark green, ( see video in link ) he then sold his company to Allmand Brothers of Nebraska, who smarted them up a bit a painted them a much nicer yellow,I started sketching up the parts almost a year ago and it took about 4 / 5 moths to get all the intricate angles the same, I did have a 1/64th replica of the tractor to get dimrnsions, but I feel 1/64th is unreliable at the best of times, Video link below,

Regards

Joe.

4400 finished 1.JPG

4400 finished 2.JPG

4400 finished 3.JPG

4400 finished 4.JPG

4400 finished 5.JPG

4400 finished 6.JPG

4400 finished 7.JPG

4400 finished 8.JPG

4400 finished 9.JPG

4400 finished 9a.JPG

4400 finished 9b.JPG

• Like 7

Well done Joe, you must be extremely satisfied with what you've achieved.

The fact that you've managed to have the tilting cab is fantastic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barry said:

Well done Joe, you must be extremely satisfied with what you've achieved.

The fact that you've managed to have the tilting cab is fantastic.

Cheers Barry, well chuffed, The 1/64th heap was not much use, and it had no detail on the bottom section at all, I originally created the sub chassis as a one piece unit, but watching a Knudson video later I noticed the tractor sitting with the rear wheels level but the front was at an angle, that was when I figured the sub chassis was a two piece affair, the Eagle eyed amongst you might notice there is no connection between the turbo and the silincer,,,,,,,,,,that's because I forgot to connect it before I araldited all the parts together, rectifying that could get tricky.,:huh:

2 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

What a great build Joe, something to be very proud of👍 

Thank you Paul, The whole thing is 3D printed, I sketched up all the part's in CAD, then printed them all on my Creality Ender 3 pro printer, took about 4 / 5 months to do it all, then I started on another project and the 4400 got put on hold until a couple of weeks ago when I went back and started painting and assembling it all, the only bit's not made in 3D are the M3 nut's and bolts on the steering and leveling, and the styrene and aluminium tube on the steering and leveling.

Regards

Joe.

Hi,

This is really stunning, what a marvelous job you've done here!!!!
Excelent that it is possible to put it down an hillside, and have the unit be in the right angle!!!

This is a piece of masterwork!!!!

Best regards,
Jan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WHITESNAKE01 said:

Hi,

This is really stunning, what a marvelous job you've done here!!!!
Excelent that it is possible to put it down an hillside, and have the unit be in the right angle!!!

This is a piece of masterwork!!!!

Best regards,
Jan

Thank you Jan, I've been wanting  a 1/32nd scale model of a Knudson 4400 Hillside now for 18 years, I did discover a 1/64 version, but I really did not like that, ( see image above ), Here is a video of a 4400 Hillside tractor going through it's paces at an American farm show, Hopefuly you can view it as it's only on Facebook. If anyone would like to try this, I glazed the windows to look like they were tinted, I used those anti static envelopes you get new elictronic components in,

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=402621281308644

Regards

Joe.

Fantastic work Joe, and very nice to see. As others have mentioned its great that you've managed to get the mechanism to function too! You've got a career as a design engineer ahead of you if you get bored of retirement

2 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Fantastic work Joe, and very nice to see. As others have mentioned its great that you've managed to get the mechanism to function too! You've got a career as a design engineer ahead of you if you get bored of retirement

Praise indeed from a guy with your design skills James, I must admit I did sit back on my laurels after I had finished all the CAD work then printing the parts as there are some tricky angles getting the cab to mate up with the bonnet and then the rear fuel tank, But at least I had that diecast lump for dimensions, The axles and self leveling system had to come out of my head though, as the 1/64th model had no detail whatsoever and photos and videos of that tractor are few and far between, and not a lot of folk crawl under tractors to photograph the chassis,:(

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CallumC said:

That looks excellent  well done 

Cheers Callum, an awful lot of hours working in CAD went into that, But I've wanted a model of the Knudson 4400 Hillside tractor for many years now, And luckily I found CAD software I could understand, and just developed my skill's over the past two years, I think I captured the essence of the real machine pretty well,

Regards

Joe.

4400 finished 3.JPG

Knudson yellow 2.jpg

• Like 4