CORGI MASSEY 65 loader

Was sorting through my tray of wrecks of these and had not realised the early version had a completely different casting with more elaborate crossmember and cast rear shaft rather than a long rivet across through from the subframe. I didn't have one as a lad but an Aunt gave me the later forked one for Xmas when they were new out which was the later design.  Curiously there's a claimed near mint early one on ebay, but no decals on the bonnet or loader frame...attached.

CORGI MF 65 loader arial image.png

Nigel, did the loader version ever have the red seat and plastic steering wheel?

I think I also have 2 different loader versions but they are packed away at the moment for the impending house move.

On 5/9/2024 at 12:24 PM, robbo said:

Nigel, did the loader version ever have the red seat and plastic steering wheel?

I think I also have 2 different loader versions but they are packed away at the moment for the impending house move.

Hi Mike, funnily enough I found my "GREAT BOOK OF CORGI" when looking out brochures that we have now got round to putting up on ebay that was published in 2001 and I'd never had time to look at and just had a browse- only 1,051,000 of these made!!! 6/3d when new in 1960. Mainly drawings shown where you can't see the seat but one with RED LOADER...never seen one, the two photos are of silver seated items. I have a red seated tractor without loader but don't know how rare they are?  I'm astonished at just how many Corgi sold of their items in general.

Sorry your move is slow, next door been nearly a year with so many fall-through buyers.

Thanks Nigel, that is interesting. I have this old brochure but I don't know the date of publication, shows the MF65 with both red and silver seat as well as some gift sets that I have never seen in real life, maybe they were only available in Bombay

Corgi 1.jpg

Corgi 2.jpg

Corgi 4.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, robbo said:

Thanks Nigel, that is interesting. I have this old brochure but I don't know the date of publication, shows the MF65 with both red and silver seat as well as some gift sets that I have never seen in real life, maybe they were only available in Bombay

Corgi 1.jpg

Corgi 2.jpg

Corgi 4.jpg

Looking at the big book more, that's the '60 catalogue, printed in late '59. The combine was new that year too. It's mind boggling how many they sold of their products. The book was compiled by the guy who was chief designer for the entire production time. Still got my badges somewhere, likely with my Blue Peter ones and Roberston's preserves "special people" badges....😉

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2024 at 11:01 AM, NIGEL FORD said:

Hi Mike, funnily enough I found my "GREAT BOOK OF CORGI" when looking out brochures that we have now got round to putting up on ebay that was published in 2001 and I'd never had time to look at and just had a browse- only 1,051,000 of these made!!! 6/3d when new in 1960. Mainly drawings shown where you can't see the seat but one with RED LOADER...never seen one, the two photos are of silver seated items. I have a red seated tractor without loader but don't know how rare they are?  I'm astonished at just how many Corgi sold of their items in general.

Sorry your move is slow, next door been nearly a year with so many fall-through buyers.

One million of them, I guess that's why one appears in every box of loose toys, in every auction house, every week, across the country!