What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

What's that, Harry? The moaning or the drinking?!!

Logs this morning and a bit of kindling. Home via pet shop and recycling centre, then a little garden job at home and that was it for the day. Tomorrow. . . No plans for once!! Maybe a little work in the garden but other than that, sweet FA. I may even get the beef shed out and see if I can have a tinker towards finishing it! :huh::o

went for lunch with her, hoovered out the rubber duckie, moved it off the drive to find 4 areas in the monoblocks have sunk where the tires had been, got raged at by her, now drinking beer

• Like 1

OK so this weekend was very busy. I finished work at 0030 Friday night/Saturday morning, got up at 00630, drove to the parents. Filled the C2 commercial, (no back seats!) with a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold (made by yours truly), twin Weber 45 DCOE carburettors on an inlet manifold (made by me), OMP steering wheel, GAZ lowered shock absorbers and a RadTec radiator, (for the silly clubman estate with the vauxhall engine). Collected my partner in grime, drove to the old barn (where all our clag still lives until we borrow a trailer..) locked it all in the boot of the mini. Then went off to Maccy D's for some much needed breakfast, it was about 0900 by this time.. then to B&Q for 30 litres of white emulsion.  Drove to the new barn (for those who missed it we got spectacularly burgled at the old barn, all of our tools etc..), smaller, but taller, with our own bigger access doors and (most importantly) more secure, oh and the small matter of a pub across the road!! The farmer runs a pair of John Deere 2650's on F plates one in 2wd flavour and the other with 4wd and a JD 245M loader, both with the SG2 cab on, possibly one of my favourite cabs, so much curved glass! He's also got a MF 135 with a scraper on the back. So back to the job in hand, painted the walls, and then painted them again, and again, and so on until all the paint was gone, and it finally covered fully and evenly, we found masonary brushes the best, having tried a roller, and a pressure weed sprayer.. Any ambitions of being a painter/decorator have gone well and truly out of the window. The (black) C2 was used as a radio, and is now covered with white speckles. Can you say, "not gone well" and "should have thought that through?" Then we went to the pub for a spot of light refreshment, burgers and chips with a pint of stowford press! Then back to the decorating, opened 20 litres of red Industrial floor paint, lashed a few coats on the floor (roller on a stick!) and called it a day! Today, skirting board and architrave cutting for kitchen utility room and downstairs loo at my parents, mitre joints, tape measures and pencils behind the ear, the full "I know what I'm doing- honestly" effort. So once Dad has attached it to the walls and units (filling in my not so accurate mitre joints) that should be the end of the want a new kitchen/util/toilet but can't afford one so we will do it ourselves saga. The only thing that's taken more time is the mini. Just got back to Liverpool, for a microwave meal and bottle of Rattler. Up at 4am for work. 

Here's some pictures, I realise that the above is a right essay. 
close up of the granite, no floor yet... (excuse the helmet, I painted that though...) 
2012-04-20_16-09-07_HDR-1.jpg
Units (cushion close drawers etc) appliances, granite, and underfloor heating and limestone floor in, not  yet grouted. 
2012-09-27_201748.jpg
Under unit lights in, floor half grouted, my father had gone in search of a bottle of port at this point.. 
20121110_210758.jpg
4-2-1 manifold 
20121226_095750.jpg
carbs on manifold
20121227_135000.jpg
Farm fresh 135 in what is now our barn
20121221_145213.jpg

Edited by goon

Blinking nora, you have had a weekend and half Alex!! Bet the burger and chips went down well and even better time the Stowford swilled it down just to make sure. Nice once geezer.

For me, the first Sunday in a loooong while where I have done bu66er all of any importance or the like. No DIY basically. Two miles over the hill with Pups this morning followed by scrambled eggs on toast with mushrooms. Cleaned up, went to Trowbridge to get a new mattress and also ordered a docking station alarm/DAB radio to colllect tomorrow. .... in Chippenham. ... Home, cuppa, cake, little bit of garden cleaning up at different parts of the day - washing gravel basically, tea, biscuits, doing a bit on the model beef shed inbetween the garden stuff. Cider, beef shed, ebay, beef shed, soup, beef shed, looking at rugs online, squash, mince pie. Bed.

Nunight!!

work then home, just been filling out and updating my cv as i'm applying  for a new job this week ,tried to uplaod it and my bloody work laptop keeps bombing out, so will have to wait till tommorrow morn now,  

Good luck Sean hope all goes well.

Just spent the last hour and a half doing running repairs on the step daughters glasses. How much easier it would have been if I had had some modeling tools. If every there was a reason to buy some tools the last hour and a half was it !