What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

no, one of my mates has bought straw beside me so i'm helping him cart it home only thing is its about 2 1/2 - 3 hours round trip in the fog today :( , although i have passed a few big stacks of straw waiting to be put onto carrots.  :)

did you make it along to tillage mart? :-\

Cheers mate, yeah there's a few stacks about...... :)

Didn't make it unfortunately, got up and was ready to go but Dad wasn't feeling well so we weren't able to go...... :'(

Spotted some of the kit heading down the A90 in the evening though...... :)

Was it good, certainly looked it from the website......

Bit different Richo, how would you harvest them then, by hand? And PJ ur a right old housewife you are mate, kids parties, shopping, school run. . . Proper modern man mate. ;-)

Haven't seen the harvester working but the description i've been given is....

A trailed machine behind a tractor which cuts the flowers off and blows them into a trailer. Not sure how it cuts them but it must be n shaped as it removes flowers from both sides and the top. The full trailer is then taken to a distillery where the oil is collected from the flowers. Oil must be valuable as there seems to be a huge cost in growing the stuff.

It is organic so is planted in rows of black plastic to stop the weeds growing in the plants and the weeds and grass in between the rows has to be regularly cut, anothr tedious job. We dont have anything else to do with it apart from my original post. Hope you've now got just as good an idea about it as i do! :D :D

Cheers mate, yeah there's a few stacks about...... :)

Didn't make it unfortunately, got up and was ready to go but Dad wasn't feeling well so we weren't able to go...... :'(

Spotted some of the kit heading down the A90 in the evening though...... :)

Was it good, certainly looked it from the website......

yeah it was good loads of kit on show couldn't possibly mention it all, saw the new claas xerion 3300 in action, as well as a couple of cat challengers and i must say the deutz agroton 265 and 180 look the biz :-* they did also have a couple of newholland t8040's in action ;)

Been carting straw again, another farmer asked if i could move about 350 bales for him went to start at lunchtime today but the rain last night has mucked up ground conditions, we filled the 2 trailers but could hardly get them out the gate because of them sliding about, :-\  then we had to try tidy up the road after bringing quite alot of mud out on the tyres :'( had to abandon the job after that hopefully dry up in the next few days.  :-\

yeah it was good loads of kit on show couldn't possibly mention it all, saw the new claas xerion 3300 in action, as well as a couple of cat challengers and i must say the deutz agroton 265 and 180 look the biz :-* they did also have a couple of newholland t8040's in action ;)

Sounds great mate, really sorry I missed it......Did they have the T8040's on Vaderstad Drills as I saw one on the A90 today and I can't think of anyone round here who runs one...... :);) ;)

HEDGE CUTTING       What  a tediouse job      only the second seaseon I have done it     Wish the contractors would come back  so I wouldn't have to do it again   But the boss wants to save money and it's up to him :'(

Bit different Richo, how would you harvest them then, by hand? And PJ ur a right old housewife you are mate, kids parties, shopping, school run. . . Proper modern man mate. ;-)

Just in case anyone is really interested in lavender... :D :D

As i opened the gate to the lavender field i remember seeing a large banner advertising it.

Try this link  http://mayfieldlavender.com/englishlavender.aspx

Sounds great mate, really sorry I missed it......Did they have the T8040's on Vaderstad Drills as I saw one on the A90 today and I can't think of anyone round here who runs one...... :);) ;)

Yip the t8040's had vaderstad drills on, most of the newhollands at the show were coupled to vaderstad implements, only other newholland that sticks in my mind was a tm190 with 3 furrow plough on the front and 5 or 6 furrows on the back.

whats the mast called ???

called hessary tor mate, owned by castle tranmission or national grid wireless as they now like to be called, sits on one of the higest points in dartmoor, in a very prone area for thunder and lightening, stuip palce really, is same size as the one at mendlesham on the a140

Going to be on my maximum hours today, been a busy day. Left yard at 6am for diesel and loading at 7am. Tipped in Weston Super Mare at 08.45. Loaded near Shepton Mallet at 10.30, tipped in Reading at 14.30 then back to yard to pick up next load off another truck at 16.30. Washed truck off to let traffic clear. Now on way to Bourne, Lincs, stopping overnight between Swindon and Oxford tonight. By the time I park up and from the time I woke up this morning that will be 15hrs. Will be leaving at 5am tomorrow.

Yaaayyy.....Finished drilling today. Just a whole pile of spraying and about 60 t of compound fert to spread now. All the farm is in winter crop this year too......Seychelles in the spring methinks  ;D ;D

Yaaayyy.....Finished drilling today. Just a whole pile of spraying and about 60 t of compound fert to spread now. All the farm is in winter crop this year too......Seychelles in the spring methinks  ;D ;D

The farmer who farms a lot of the land around my house normally has all winter crops, not too sure whats going on this year as he hasn't turned a piece of earth yet....  ??? ??? :-\

:D :D :D

so you been busy then or winding up the locals :D :D

Aye been busy, well very busy but you don't want to know about that :o :o :-*

Done alot of 3rd cut silage last week and have some more tomorrow 90 acres to be precise ;D ;D Also off to annoy some golfers tomorrow as we've landed the contract for baling all the rough patches on the course again ::) ::)