wanna buy this ricky?????

smish

.... any truth in the rumour I heard (from a very reliable source!) that you are looking for a 7840SLE to replace it?

;)

I'd well believe it Stan - dear by name dear by nature comes to mind.

8340 SLE would be a better bet though - my neighbour's bought one last year and she has impressed everyone their 7840 is like a 3000 in comparison to her  :D :D

im lookin  for 14,000 euro for it,about ?9500 stg.as you can see she is a rel minter,will get pics later of the interior which is fully retrimmed.

yea stan,i am looking for a 7740 sle,but so far all ive come across is pure crap,all are wrecked and have big hours and lots of hardship!!! jq is a bit big for us at home and hopin to replace her with a 4cyl turbo,possibly with a loader.

gonna start a poll to see what ye all think i should replace her with!!!

dont sell the astra, i'll swop it with you for your 6620!!! fair deal i think!!!!! you ever had any dealing with nelson alexander in toomebridge or know anythin of him,few tractors up there i might take a look at

im lookin  for 14,000 euro for it,about ?9500 stg.as you can see she is a rel minter,will get pics later of the interior which is fully retrimmed.

yea stan,i am looking for a 7740 sle,but so far all ive come across is pure crap,all are wrecked and have big hours and lots of hardship!!! jq is a bit big for us at home and hopin to replace her with a 4cyl turbo,possibly with a loader.

gonna start a poll to see what ye all think i should replace her with!!!

390T mate, thats the best out there. Especially with a 915 loader. Left hand shuttle to, ideal for loader contros on the right.

dont sell the astra, i'll swop it with you for your 6620!!! fair deal i think!!!!! you ever had any dealing with nelson alexander in toomebridge or know anythin of him,few tractors up there i might take a look at

Plenty of tractors to pick from there, should have something your after!!

the 390's are getting a bit long in the tooth really tris , & those available are probably past their best now.

i could see why you'd want a 7740 smish, as they go they're almost bombproof, but like you say finding a good one will be the hard part as you well found out before you bought the deere, if  looking for a red then a 3070 wouldn't be too bad  for what you want.

some of the 6000series mezza valmets arn't bad either , very good power to weight ratio & lovely loader tractors  :) 

You do have to look hard but you can get a P reg if your lucky. A few N reg's about. Either way a ten year old tractor that has been in the right hands is as good a buy as any. The 7740 is good but those shuttles and the electro clutch can be a right pain in the arse. We had to have a new processer for our 7840 and that was ?450 exc labour!!

still think a 3070 would be a good buy, bit shorter than the ford which makes it ideal for a loader tractor , trouble is it'll be the same as the ford , finding a good one that hasn't been abused at reasonable money ,it's probably one of the most sought after HP brackets which makes good ones elusive to people with a budget.

still think a 3070 would be a good buy, bit shorter than the ford which makes it ideal for a loader tractor , trouble is it'll be the same as the ford , finding a good one that hasn't been abused at reasonable money ,it's probably one of the most sought after HP brackets which makes good ones elusive to people with a budget.

do the 3070 come with dynashift or was that the 3075? they're a 4cyl turbo out of 390 arent they? are they 40k?

the 3075 would be even better  as yes it was fitted with dynashft, not so sure about having a shuttle though, the later ones may have done , but it's a good little tractor & just like the 7740 engine its bombproof as well ,yes it is in effect the same as a 390T, i once had an MF 3065 & it pulled a 4F rev no problem , but it needed some front weights as she'd dance a bit just got to find one with a good cab , if you go for the 7740 you got to make sure the dual power works ok as the later ones had probems i've heard , i drove one of a 7740 when they came out & it wasn't fitted with dual power  but it pulled well but i fancy the gearing was a bit too spaced out to keep it moving when hauling silage trailers , to low a comfortable gear & the engine was racing & the next gear was too much for it , it was an SL not an SLE

I got to drive a 7740SLE today (had only driven SLs before).

The first three pics were taken at the gate of the Sugar Beet depot in Wellingtonbridge. NashMach will confirm how steep the hill is. The fourth pic was on the weighbridge at Wallace Agri.

Having driven a 4255 and 4355, I can tell you that the 7740 would walk away from them when it comes to pulling.

drop off that trailer there stan and ill be bown in an hour to collect it!!! what year is she? 95-96?? looks well with the quickie loader,just the combo im lookin for!

ask the owner would he part-ex a 3050 for it!!!

a friend of mine used to draw beet to carlow with a 7740sl with no dp and a trailer like that. a smokie stopped him one day and made him go out to the landfill on the kilkenny road,when he got out there he was loaded so heavy he couldnt get it around the corner up onto the weigh bridge!! the copper went mental!!! cant remember but was somethin like 33ton gross after 4 attempts to get onto the bridge!!