VP Farms

DPH

We haven't had any daily showers in a while, so we aren't messing with mud too much anymore.  We do find soft spots in the fields every now and then.  The dryness has encouraged most farmers to put all they got into their rice fields to try and get it out.

Hinton Farms

We are still busy with the harvest.  The stx's air conditioner went out so we brought it back.  There was also a chain broken on the cart, so both the tractor and cart were brought back to the shop. 

100_0150.jpg

After a little fuel, the 9270 with the Rayne Grain cart was going to be sent in to make up for the loss.  It can't keep up with the combine as well as the STX with the J&M cart.  Before we left though, we discovered a problem with one of the wheels on this cart, so it was out before it got in the field.

100_0151.jpg

After everything was fixed and fueled up, we headed out to the field next to the cropduster airstrip.  Of course, we had to pull over for the normal trafic up the Whiteville Road.

100_0166.jpg

100_0167.jpg

We saw that the Sampsons bought themselves a new 9520, and already got it muddy pulling the cart.  Wonder where they were going. :?:

100_0168.jpg

100_0169.jpg

Once we got going everything went smooth.

100_0152.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0154.jpg

OOPS!!  Pulled up a little too close to the truck, gotta carefully pull out, make the round and pull up again.  Gotta be carefull not to hit that auger on the truck.

100_0155.jpg

100_0156.jpg

Had a bit of red rice sticking out in the top cut.

100_0157.jpg

100_0158.jpg

100_0159.jpg

We should be starting on our clearfield dry plant rice soon. 

Mike Lafler Farms

Mike has cut two of his fields already.  He has started to reflood those fields to get a top crop out of them.  The fields from here are all gonna be replowed and prepped for rice next year.  A few will be reflooded as well, only this will be for Crawfish lakes.

He started on his field that had soys last year.  Started up in the bottom cut.  Had quite a bit of red rice in this cut.  Red rice is a weed that is of no value as a sellable rice.

100_0160.jpg

100_0161.jpg

100_0162.jpg

The fields are still pretty wet so the trucks have to park on the road and the tractor has to use the road to unload.  This is a low trafic gravel road, so they don't run in to many problems.

100_0163.jpg

Well thats all for now.

Questions/Comments Welcome.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Journl David, allways good to see your farm! Are pics 3-6 outside? :)

Yes, I took them in my backyard.  Been wanting to take road pics, and I thought, what better place then the sidewalk outside.

Thats plenty of the below the belt stuff. Pity you didnt look at the photos before opening your big gob smartass. Look at pictures no.3,7,8,12,14 and notice the blue thing on the front of the green thing that closely resembles a 1/64 Shelbourne Reynolds header and then ask yourself:

did u make that header dph?

So ha!

Already seen it James!  :D :D :D :D :D

Jason have you eyes in the back of your head  :D :D ;)

That was a good one!!!  :D :D

I warned you earlier Powerstar  >:( >:(:D :D ;) (Silage expert  ;D ;D)

Right where is that trifle I must throw it out and get some nice humble pie instead  :( :( ;)

I see youve pulled your post now, well im sorry but its still there in the quotations so everyone can see what a big numty you are!! ;D ;D By the way thanks guys for quoting my post so the numty alert could be extra visible ;D ;D :D. Must try a larger font next time ::)

I see youve pulled your post now, well im sorry but its still there in the quotations so everyone can see what a big numty you are!! ;D ;D By the way thanks guys for quoting my post so the numty alert could be extra visible ;D ;D :D. Must try a larger font next time ::)

Ah I don't want to make a bigger **** off myself than I already have done - you better scrutinise each post you put up in future James f  :D :D ;)

Yourself and James F will be on my future Numpty watch alert.

I know I certainly did drop myself in it big time its these company meetings they make you very tired afterwards  :D :D

(If only James could spell Numpty correctly in his post)  :D :D ;)