FENDT 716

PDC

I have been in my collection sorting things out and noticed that my Fendt 716 is a little strange. ??? ???

It must be a very early one as it has no mirrors,part of the front linkage is cast to the tractor and the wheels are held on differently(fronts screwed on and the rears have a wire axle not with the rod and collar like newer types) ::) ::)

Anyone else got one like this ??? ???

Manfred Weise version shown for comparison ;) ;)

post-96-132638538526_thumb.jpg

post-96-132638538552_thumb.jpg

My 714 and loader is a cross between the two and so is my dual wheeled variation, they both have the later type rod axles and mirrors but part of the front linkage is cast into the tractor chassis :-\

Siku has made a 716 without mirrows for some time ago. The new fendt models have now the same green as manfred weise it is the real fendt collour. Siku has made many fendt tractors with a small differents (hitch, black or grey chassis)

Texas

Here are two strange ones for you... the one on the left is the deeper green colour with front linkage as part of the casting, the one on the right is a 716 that turned out to be a 712 when I removed it from the box!

100_3220.jpg

hi Paul,

i have one the same as your Fendt,

i bet you bought it from Martyn, if so look at the box , it will be the same but with no reference number on the box , i think this first batch came from Agritechnia show in Germany , martyn picked them up at the LCN show and sold them on , only a few of these early models ,

this could answer your question but may be wrong.

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys,

there were many different versions of the Fendt 700 series. the first 716 realesed at the agritechnica had scuare rearlights, this model is very hard to find. It hadn't the Joystick in the cabin too. The later ones got new Tyres, new rearlights, mirrors, other steps new colors...... I think there are nearly 5-6 different versions of the 700 series from Siku (without special edition models)

• 3 weeks later...